Galaxy Note 3 overheating

okin37

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: galaxy note 3 overheating

Yeah. I know. But i am worried about how the phone heats up. Not just the battery.

I figured to use power saving mode with thr CPU option on.
It didn't affect the petformance at all.
I didn't use any power saving with my SGN2, coz it did affect performance. But with SGN3 it doesn't and the good thing is, even with me abusing it, it doesn't heat up anymore. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 4

Sir, can you state or show me step by step how you do it? I'm also facing this problem in my SGN3..I'm newbie here
PLEASE!!

zef05

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Sir, can you state or show me step by step how you do it? I'm also facing this problem in my SGN3..I'm newbie here
PLEASE!!

Sure thing.

Step 1:

Open your notification bar.
uploadfromtaptalk1382282642399.jpg

Step 2:

Tap and Hold the Power Saving button. (Make sure it's green so that we know it is on)
It will open up the power saving options.
uploadfromtaptalk1382282788664.jpg

Then just make sure that your power saving options look like that. :)

Hopefully it works for you too!

aurangzab2005

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

thanks man, i'll try it and see if it works

- - - Updated - - -

hope mine will be the same.
sorry if i sound ignorant, but is a soft reset the same as a factory reset? or something else completely?

Thank God you created this thread.
I am having this issue too.
Although, I am not sure if it does it everytime it heats up.but when it does my screen goes dim automatically.i ve done eveything in the set...i rooted my phone & then uninstalled the knox...but it is still happening...
I need a fix. I don't want a dimmed phone!
I want to enjoy it in FULL HD COLOR!

any body who resolved this issue?plzz

zef05

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Can anyone see the screenies I posted?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

zef05

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

I can see your screenies. :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hmmm. Alright. I wonder why I can't.
Well as long as others can, i think it's ok.

Hope that the fix works for you. :)

iloveyiyi

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

I have a Kingston 32GB SD card and my phone has never heat up on me. I did have this problem on my old Note 1, though.

yongzhang

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site

Since SD card is a known issue, why don't you use cloud service?, for Note 3, you get 50gb free storage from Dropbox. And it easily sync all your files across all devices you have.
Just my 2cents.
A new Note 3 owner.

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

What's the maximum safe temp for the note 3? I was abusing it and it heated up up to 38.3? C.

My desktop idles at around 38c on a stock intel heatsink. My last desktop idled at 42c on a 90% overclocked e4300 intel chip. 38.3c is nothing. Unless ARM chips have a much lower thermal limit than x86/x64 chips. Heat makes the chip less efficient. This means it needs more power to maintain performance levels. This means it heats up more. Its a vicious cycle. Again, in desktop 75c is where you don't want to pass. Almost every processor has thermal shut down enabled out of the box. The processor will not melt down without you disabling it.

drpicollo

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site

Got may Samsung N3 the other day. I was suprised about its battery life. It last for a whole day connected with wifi and brutal social media. I was impressed. But yesterday I started intalling some widgets on my desktop. At first its normal for me untill it heated up. I can feel the heat from my pocket and the battery drains very fast. From 100 percent goes down to 60 percent in just 2 hours, so i decided to remove the widgets and restart the phone. After that it started to cool down and observing the battery becomes better. Hope this could help others. Thanks! Have a nice day!

The_Eclectic1

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site

Got may Samsung N3 the other day. I was suprised about its battery life. It last for a whole day connected with wifi and brutal social media. I was impressed. But yesterday I started intalling some widgets on my desktop. At first its normal for me untill it heated up. I can feel the heat from my pocket and the battery drains very fast. From 100 percent goes down to 60 percent in just 2 hours, so i decided to remove the widgets and restart the phone. After that it started to cool down and observing the battery becomes better. Hope this could help others. Thanks! Have a nice day!

Heat is a well known battery killer. The note 3 heats up more than the note 2. I have both. Could be due to S800. But S600 doesn't heat up like that. I also have HTC One. Could this be a characteristic of the S800 SoC?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using TapaTalk Pro

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Had the overheating too. Pulled my sd card last night to experiment. No problem since then. Was a Samsung 64GB card.

Posted via Android Central App

rishaada

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

My Note 3 overheated yesturday and I have no idea why? Then I placed it on my Samsung dock to charge overnight and when I woke this morning it stayed at 54% Wth? Two hours later Im at 11%! Whats going on? Would AT&T replace it with a new one? I just bought this last Thursday. (I also have a 64 gig SD card installed)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

My Note 3 did the exact same thing just before a pink hue/haze appeared permanently on the screen. Thereafter my SIM card melted and became fused in the slot. This happened within hours after unboxing the device. Device is gone on for assessment and I have to now wait 7 days to find out whether it will be repaired or replaced :mad:

Sam Ponraj

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

I had same problem but figured it out...if you have samsung knox installed I can guarantee that is your issue...its a little tricky to uninstall...you cant do it through settings..you actually have to open the app in your appdrawer and uninstall from there...I never got an overheat issue on the note 3 after...I checked the ram kernel and samsung knox was killing the phone and running in the background even if you arent in knox mode..hope this helps it fixed my issue
KNOX is the problem. My Note 3 is as cool as a ice cube now after uninstalling KNOX. Thanks to you.

greedcurse

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

I am using my note from 15 days and i have no sd card, i noticed that when i charge my mobile and after 90% charging it gets hot and again during mobile usage on battery at around 57 % it again gets hot, no idea what to do, can only stop others to buy this phone with defected hardware.

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

I have a note 3 that heated up and found a bunch of issues that after fixing really helped:
1. If you mount a sd card full of info onto the note 3, use a cable and move all files to computer then format card in the note 3, unmount card and use a card reader to transfer back the files and mount back to note 3. DON'T TRANSFER back android data, lost directory, or other files other than your personal pics and music or documents because if your card came from another device then it most likely has stored info from that device which if is now mounted to the note 3 will cause Knox to run to prevent that info to run(NOTE: you might notice some of your apps missing due to some of the apps auto download to SD now on the note 3, write down which ones and when you reinstall the app goto app manager and move that app back to device, the less running off of your micro sd the better)
2. Go back to AT&T and ask them to check and make sure they installed the proper sim card, (to them all the Sims work and look the same if grey or blue) and the latest.
3. Make sure that Knox is not enabled under security/device administrator (uncheck all if needed). If you really have to, uninstall Knox somehow, (i dont know how, read it in earlier post here :p) cause virus software might be interfering with knox. OR try another virus app that works with knox software.
4. Obviously Turn screen brightness down below half/half.
5. Go to app manager, scroll right to ALL and turn off any app (bloatware)you don't want (if it has a android guy with a box then it's probably important, don't turn them off)
6. Turn off all the accessories you don't use like eye tracking, gps, motion gestures, ya know those battery sapping features.
7. Try installing CLEAN MASTER from PLAY store, it works pretty good for removing cache files buried deep in your phone, Large Files Like Pics And Videos keep/ignore, just be careful when using its app killer and to ignore your important background process.
8. And lastly, if using Sandisk Ultra class 10 any gig, try another brand (if you find one that plays well with the note 3, let me know) cause that's what I'm using!
Hope some of these help, it did for me, but I haven't found a fix yet for games, Real Racing 3 still gets this puppy hot.

Last edited:

Sleepy Dya

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site

I had d same problem. But it only happened when i playing games. Other than that it doesn't warm up. Is that normal?

mrwallyy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Ahh I made a thread of my own a few days ago, I should have searched first.

I started using this phone about a week ago. When I use it for trivial tasks, like chatting on Whatsapp or going through posts on the Android Central App, it starts heating up right around the camera and Samsung logo area (on the back). It's on Power Saving mode the whole time. No SD card installed. Very, very frustrating.