Galaxy Note 3: Stupid fake S View flip case!

shastrich2005

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Stupid fake S view flip case!

I couldn't find the original black S view flip case in stock anywhere, so I decide to buy a fake on eBay just to hold me over until I find a real one. Well, I haven't even had the thing on my one day old phone for more than two hours and it scratches my damn screen!

The build quality seemed decent enough when I took it out of the box. The S view part of the cover didn't work (I didn't really expect it to). It doesn't activate the S view function of the phone, you can't use the screen through the plastic window and the screen doesn't come on when you open it (I just added my Flip control app as a temporary fix). Well after having it on less than two hours I was wiping my finger prints off the phone and noticed a tiny little faint spot of a scratch. Turns out the inside of the plastic window had a little defect were it wasn't smooth and that was what was scratching my screen. I'm glad I caught it before it got any worse.

This is going back for a full refund asap.

Here is the link of the cover. DO NOT BUY THIS!

Smart s View Flip Battery Cover Case Folio Pouch for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 III | eBay

Just an FYI....I bought a generic s view on ebay and it looks, feels and functions just like the original. I absolutely love it and recommend it. This is the link for the one I bought https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...Cell_Phone_PDA_Cases&var=&hash=item4aceb60bdb

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

shastrich2005

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

Don't worry, nobody here is as dumb as you to buy that fake crap from China and expect to get anything decent. A penguin shaped note 3 cover, yes, a fake s-view, no.

Apparently I must be really dumb buying a generic for $7 instead of $60. Mine works amazing and I saved $53. So dumb I tell ya! Must be that high IQ of mine that makes me so stupid, that I saved a ton of money!

shastrich2005

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

Did I not mention that you can buy a penguin shaped case for your phone from China for a great price through eBay.

I'm sorry if you're as dumb as the OP to even think that fake S-View would work...lol.... any person that's been on this forum could see that one coming. ...

Cheap tpu penguin/animal cases from eBay yes, S-view, it don't take a brain to figure out, no....:rolleyes:

Doesn't take a brain to be a babbling ***** either, which you have clearly showed.

shastrich2005

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

That's a great price on those cases. Do you have this case and does it work? None of the eBay pictures show the connectors or if it has an indent for the home button.

I have 3 of these in different colors and they work amazing!!

AhmedBodhi

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site

WIN_20140206_183910.JPG
WIN_20140206_183903.JPG
WIN_20140206_183850.JPG
I fell for the same thing.
As soon as I received the package and felt the light weight, I knew something was wrong.
When I saw how thin it was I started losing all hope until I saw the magnetic connectors and quickly started connecting... to get no result.

Going to contact Ebay to get a full refund... this is ridiculous, this thing must've been a dollar or two to make in the sweatshop this crook exports these from.

Anyway guys learn from our experience: buy the expensive $60 ones! These are made of expensive components!
>> REVIEW << Galaxy Note 3 S-VIEW case - Authentic VS Fake - Lots of Pics! - xda-developers

shastrich2005

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I must say that I have now purchased 2 generics for $8 and they are literally identical to the OEM. The girl at Verizon thought for sure mine was genuine. Functions have all worked great. I recently bought the Baseus one which I love even more. A little more stylish and def the quality of the samsung ones but this one runs $20.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk