Galaxy Note 8 Tempered glass screen protector

Dusty Morrow

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
I am at the point of tapping out. I have spent way too much money on trying to find a suitable protector. I am on my second whitestone dome and I amd experience the same issue as the first time. After a perfect install weeks later cracks go throughout the screen (really just the glue cracking). I may try a liquid screen protector, im not sure, either that or go naked.

srbell67

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
I am at the point of tapping out. I have spent way too much money on trying to find a suitable protector. I am on my second whitestone dome and I amd experience the same issue as the first time. After a perfect install weeks later cracks go throughout the screen (really just the glue cracking). I may try a liquid screen protector, im not sure, either that or go naked.
Really?? I haven't had ANY issues like that w mine.

I really believe it is the best screen protector I've ever used and I am VERY picky like you.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah you seem to be the only one experiencing that... I can't imagine the glue changing properties without substantial temperature changes.... i.e. freezing

shasticat

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site

This is not good. I was hoping that the whitestone will be the answer.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Actually, I've seen many reports of lots of similar issues with the Whitestone Dome, here and over on XDA.
Of the glue itself changing physical properties after application and curing?
I haven't seen it here except the one report.

To each their own but I feel like if you're not using WhiteStone you might as well skip Tempered Glass all together currently

Dusty Morrow

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
I have seen others with the same issue. There is a similar forum on XDA developers with people describing the same issue. It could be a user error by myself. I am very OCD when it comes to these things and each time I probably spent over 15 minutes ensuring there were no dust particles. Even so, i could have missed some, but I was looking for dust like I was trying to find a needle in a hay stack lol.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I might actually try out the Bodyguardz Pure Arc ES at 50% off and free shipping. It's listed at $50 for the regular price. Just got this email about the upcoming 50% off sitewide, sale.

5a3f3c2e5182d6ab40801c8e0ce134e7.jpg

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Let us know how this works out.
Well, after seeing a video on the new Pure Arc ES for the N8 and seeing someone here on AC trying one out, not even going to mess with it. It seems they are absolutely horrible and won't stick down as well as being FULL of large bubbles. The search continues...

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I have been using the Eurpmask tempered glass protector since the end of September and have no issues with it. It comes with an alignment tool that makes it easier to install. It also works with all 5 or 6 of the cases I have, 2 Spigens, 2 Encased a Youmaker and I think there's another one that I forgot about.

Anyway I'm on my 2nd protector, because my phone was knocked off a table, outside, by a gust of wind and landed face down on Belgium block pavers. The only thing that cracked was this protector, I peeled it off and ordered another. While waiting for it I realized that I wish I could go bare, but won't risk it. Bare is beautiful, but this protects my screen and I don't notice any loss of sensitivity.

Galaxy Note 8 Screen Protector, [ Case Friendly Tempered Glass ] [Hassle Free Application] EURPMASK Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Screen Protector [Easy Install] [Anti Scratch] with A Free Back Cover https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074V4FF8...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6075506

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Was out and about for our anniversary family get together yesterday and used one of the wallet cases I have for my Note 8

Fitted this screen protector and very impressed with it:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Protector-...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6076596

Fits very well indeed; no issues on fitting, no halo, no lifting edges etc :)

Followed the instructions carefully; laid the protector on carefully and pressed down tight on all edges and it's a brilliant fit

Works faultlessly with my VRS Design bumper case and the Terrapin wallet case I have as well; neither cause the edges to lift at all, so I'd highly recommend this one :)

shasticat

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
I have been using the Eurpmask tempered glass protector since the end of September and have no issues with it. It comes with an alignment tool that makes it easier to install. It also works with all 5 or 6 of the cases I have, 2 Spigens, 2 Encased a Youmaker and I think there's another one that I forgot about.

Anyway I'm on my 2nd protector, because my phone was knocked off a table, outside, by a gust of wind and landed face down on Belgium block pavers. The only thing that cracked was this protector, I peeled it off and ordered another. While waiting for it I realized that I wish I could go bare, but won't risk it. Bare is beautiful, but this protects my screen and I don't notice any loss of sensitivity.

Galaxy Note 8 Screen Protector, [ Case Friendly Tempered Glass ] [Hassle Free Application] EURPMASK Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Screen Protector [Easy Install] [Anti Scratch] with A Free Back Cover https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074V4FF8J/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_RIdeAbRSYHTTC?tag=androidcentral00-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6075506

It does look like a decent screen protector with several great reviews I'll try it.
714ecByFdKL._SL400_.jpg

chas1723

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I installed the Dome protector today. Seems to have worked fine. I watched a couple of videos prior to installation. That helped imensly. I am glad I used tape to cover the buttons, Mic and speaker as some of the adhesive ran out from under the protector. The Dome barely fits with my Spigen Tough Armour case. Hopefully it will work as advertised.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
fitted the cubevit today tha Dan linked to a few posts back and it's working great so far, I fitted it with the case already on and it made alignment really easy and less risk of it lifting when fitting a case after and you have to look very closely to see that there is a screen protector on, spigen neo hybrid case.