Galaxy s2 - Turns on halfway then vibrates every 2 secs. (Wet indicator RED)

cantstopalan

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I'm quite new to this forum.

*My s2 for the past 3 days have been turning off and on, each day gets worser.
It turns on the Android screen halfway then shuts off and vibrates nonstop.

For the first and second day I was trying to wiggle my lock button and it would help and this problem usually fixes it for a majority of the time until today it turned off and keeps vibrating with no chance of phone working normally but the farthest is going to the android logo.

I looked in the back of my phone, took off the battery and on my phone the square indicator was red not the battery.

I didn't know what to do besides putting it in rice with a ziplock bag which is still in there right now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 5

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The solid red sticker indicates that there has been water exposure, so that explains why the phone is behaving the way it is. It is probably much too late to do the rice trick. There may not be anything else you can for this phone, sorry!

Laurie42

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
This very same thing is happening with my phone but wet indicator is normal. I am super careful with my phone and have not exposed it to moisture or dropped it. This issue has happened once or twice over the last 6 months but almost consistently in the past few days rendering my phone all but unusable.

I'm wondering if there is possibly something I may have downloaded that containede a virus of some sort? And if so, is it possible to remove it? How would I go about diagnosing this problem?

Really frustrated! Any help/advise is appreciated.

Gio0313

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
My wife and I have similar issues with our Galaxy S2 phones. Thankfully, neither of us have gotten our phone wet, so both of our "water indicators" are still white. With that said, my phone from time to time once every 2 or 3 months has a little fit like you described above (shutting off and vibrating every 2 seconds), but it usually goes away when I flick the power button.
Now my wife's same phone is doing it, but it won't stop. It starts up to where it says "Samsung Galaxy S 2, etc" then shuts off again and starts the vibrating thing again. Has anyone found out what causes this??? How to fix it?