galaxy s4 Bluetooth

TrtlePwr

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I had the exact same issue. I found a workaround:
  • Install "Bluetooth Auto Connect" (there are two in the play store, I used the one by Jakub Klos).
  • Check both profiles in the app (Media Audio & Call Audio)
  • Select "Screen On" as one of the events (I leave bluetooth on most of the time for my phone, so this was the best trigger event)

That's it, now it works as I would have expected.

Ryantollefson, you sir, are the man. You're the only person on the internet that was able to solve my insufferable first-world problem. Now hopefully they'll fix the bug.

Cheers, and thanks!

JGouse0498

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Initially, I had zero problems with Bluetooth connectivity with my 2013 Elantra. The past two days though, it will intermittently only connect media audio and no phone calls. I have to go into the settings menu, choose the specific settings sub-menu for my connection to the car and check the box for phone calls.

Very frustrating and strange all at the same time.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

chi5ohsk

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Same issue with my new S4-2013 Altima. The S3 automatically connected media and call audio no problem. The S4 only connects call audio which has interference now and the media audio wont stay checked. Verizon says its probably the car-needs an update from Nissan.

Fuego

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I used the "Bluetooth Auto Connect" app mentioned above and now both connect just fine with my brand new S4 on AT&T. However, I must have missed something. With my previous iPhone4, anytime I used the phone features/functions via BT, the OEM headunit in my 2011 Toyota Tundra would mute any audio sources currently playing (AM/FM Radio, XM, or CD) and the only audio though the vehicle's speakers was the BT phone audio. Since pairing the S4 with the headunit it "mixes" them - does NOT mute the music audio in favor of the BT phone audio. If I want to hear only the BT phone audio I need to switch my head unit's audio source to BT Audio - a major pain to make or receive calls. Am I missing something here? I would expect it to operate similarly to the way it did with the iPhone4.

robry

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Just wanted to post my experience. I've had a 2011 Mazdaspeed3 with tech since May 2011. I had a Droid Razr Maxx (VZW) at that point without any bluetooth issues (even on ICS). Then I went to a Galaxy SIII (VZW) without any bluetooth issues either. I recently changed jobs so I also have a company 2012 Ford Fusion with Sync. I'm having issues in both cars. Either it doesn't connect when you get in the car, or when you get a phone call the bluetooth on the phone freaks out (when you hang up) and I'll watch the bluetooth indicator on the phone disappear and reappear/connect back to the car. Happens in both cars the same way. I'm guessing the bluetooth stack/driver in 4.2.2 is having issues.

I'm hopeful Samsung/VZW will release a patch/fix soon. Otherwise I'm going to have to go with a different rom, I actually have grown to like TouchWiz so I would rather just stay OEM rom if I could. Either way, wanted to let folks know that they're not the only ones. It's a shame too because the S3 was awesome minus battery usage. It's a shame when you buy a new phone as an 'upgrade' parts don't work the way you expect them too from previous experience.

fou

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I have an issue that is annoying coming from iPhone. When I connect audio through BT and also have Google Maps going, it pauses the audio and tries to have the directions come through. However, nothing does like it did with old phone. Anyone else experience this?

Fuego

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
In my Toyota it doesn't pause any audio playback. It adds the Google Maps voice directions on top of whatever is currently playing so you can't really hear the directions - that is unless I change sources to BT Audio on the head unit. This stuff was pretty much bulletproof when I had an iPhone, and is my only real frustration with my new S4.

briankbart1

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
so my problem is mine auto connects but with MyFord Touch it plays fast and skips my sporify......HELP

I have problem with bluetooth media output connection with bluetooth in my car. When I do a new pairing both call audio and media audio get connected.
When my bluetooth on the phone is already on and then I turn on my car, only call audio get connected. I have to manually check the media audio selection to connect media audio. If I turn off and on the bluetooth on the phone then both call audio and media audio gets connected. This is very annoying. My previous phones including iphone 5 & HTC had no issue, there was no separate selection on call and media audio. Whenever I turn on the car, the bluetooth call & media audio connects seemlessly. But not on Galaxy s4 & this is very annoying. Does anyone has this issue? Is there a fix?

TurboAndy

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello.

Ive changed from an iphone 4s to the Samsung s4. I have a problem trying to pair it to a bosch hands free radio. The phone finds the radio when you search for it but when you come to enter the code the phone says rejected by Bosch BT. Ive tryed with an idential headunit, same make and model and the same thing happens.

Any ideas?

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Hello.

Ive changed from an iphone 4s to the Samsung s4. I have a problem trying to pair it to a bosch hands free radio. The phone finds the radio when you search for it but when you come to enter the code the phone says rejected by Bosch BT. Ive tryed with an idential headunit, same make and model and the same thing happens.

Any ideas?

Keep trying. Over and over... Unpair, try again... Reboot, try again... I had to go through this with my Pioneer and I have no idea what worked, I just kept retrying. Eventually it connected and works great. I have the option to connect from the phone or the car when I first set up the connection, I had to let the car find it and then try from the phone, etc... Like I said, I don't know which way worked but I just kept trying until it connected.

?Sent from my Sprint GS4 using Tapatalk ?
?? Formerly "Evo_girl"

madmike6537

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I too have this issue with the S4:

I have a parrot 9000 model car kit. It will sync the phone audio no problem but the media audio I have to manually check. I have tried everything in this thread accept for the 3rd party app idea, going to try that now and will reply back.

Zod1010

May 21, 2013
Visit site
For what it's worth, I was having issues pairing my S4 to my car. It just didn't work seamlessly like other phones had. The update fixed this issue. Hopefully it will fix your BT issues as well.

Just Ken

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I was having problems dropping my BT connection and accessing my media files on my S4 through my 2013 Honda Civic. I also had problems with audio volume.

When connecting to BT the phones bluetooth will send 2 notifications asking permission to access the contacts on the phone and apparently the media (although I thought I saw contacts on both notifications), it's necessary to check the box that says "do not ask again" (if I remember correctly). After I did this I have no more problems with connections or access to the media on my phone. The audio problem was simply turning the volume up with the phones volume button while the media player was open (Duh)! I felt kinda stupid afterwards but I'll get over it! :-[

jpeirano

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Same for me.

My iPhone 3 GS worked perfectly with my JVC bluetooth car deck. Now, with the S4, the navigation vocal instructions will not mute the radio. So now if I need vocal navigation I have to set the deck's audio source to "BT", but I cannot listen to radio or CDs...

Is this the standard behavior with Android phones?

ksidirt

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Same for me.

My iPhone 3 GS worked perfectly with my JVC bluetooth car deck. Now, with the S4, the navigation vocal instructions will not mute the radio. So now if I need vocal navigation I have to set the deck's audio source to "BT", but I cannot listen to radio or CDs...

Is this the standard behavior with Android phones?

This is not standard droid behavior. Ive owned several droids with no BT problems. The S4 was giving me problems with my 2012 VW Jetta, but as mentioned earlier "Bluetooth Auto Connect" app fixed my problem.

WesSaysHi

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
My problem is similar. Whenever the phone goes into screen save/blank - or locked - the whole bluetooth service is disabled. That should NEVER happen. I have to turn it back on and select a device or it will not connect (there are 2 - a home multiple extension system used also for VOIP and the car). The gs4 is WORTHLESS in the car because it turns off in one minute and dumps the call. This is disgusting.

software_gods

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I stumbled upon this thread last week when I got my new S4 and found that it did not connect to media audio on my Ford Sync system automatically (only connected to phone audio by itself), so I had to manually bring up bluetooth and click the checkbox for media audio each time, which was a pain. I just loaded and installed the 357MB Samsung update for AT&T (Update the Software for the Samsung Galaxy S 4 (i337) - AT&T Wireless Support?) because I wanted the "moved to SD card" option for apps, and, as a side benefit (not documented in this update), my bluetooth now autoconnects for both phone and media audio. I did it several times today, and every time it worked correctly. So, for those of you for whom this is still an issue, maybe try the latest update. The only negative I see in this update is that some people mentioned worse battery life. I have not had it long enough to find out yet.

tjg312

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
i have a pioneer head unit in one of my cars, and an oem head unit in my 2013 subaru sti, and in both cars it works fine. I noticed sometimes the bluetooth skips for whatever reason randomly, but it does it in any car I connect my bluetooth to.. must be something with the s4 itself

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zalauf