Galaxy S5 or HTC One (M8) - Which are you more likely to buy?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S5 or M8 - Which are you more likely to buy?

I still think they should call it the HTC Two, but I guess some would think that silly.

via the tablet

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

htc one for sure, the s5 looks like a bandaid. literally!

But the HTC One looks like an aluminum can?

But in all seriousness, the new HTC One has gained quite a bit of size yet only has a 5" screen. I believe it is 146mm in length, thats almost Z2 length and that phone is known to be an ergonomic nightmare with its massive bezels and overall size.

It just doesn't seem like HTC is trying to push the design forward, they made the device bigger instead of trying to decrease size overall, even with the bigger device they can barely squeeze a 2600mah battery while others are already in the 3000 range in similar sized devices.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

But the HTC One looks like an aluminum can?

But in all seriousness, the new HTC One has gained quite a bit of size yet only has a 5" screen. I believe it is 146mm in length, thats almost Z2 length and that phone is known to be an ergonomic nightmare with its massive bezels and overall size.

It just doesn't seem like HTC is trying to push the design forward, they made the device bigger instead of trying to decrease size overall, even with the bigger device they can barely squeeze a 2600mah battery while others are already in the 3000 range in similar sized devices.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Boom sound makes up for bigger bezels... Plus how else would they fit 3 cameras in a body... Lol
New leaks say it a 5Mp, 4UP, and a 16MP camera... Seriously?
Anyways, I've been using my One for 6 months I feel like getting a new phone, and I will get HTC One the day it's available

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I'd have to see the actual production product before committing to it.

via the tablet

likebutta

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

Honestly, for me, S5 is not even in the equation. It's between the HTC One (2014) and the OnePlus One.

I have a feeling that overall, hardware wise, the OnePlus will be better but when it comes to the speakers and aesthetics, given the recent "cover styles" announcement, that the OnePlus might not have the build quality and aesthetics I was looking for.

So the HTC One seems like it might be the best compromise for being "great" in at least all categories. I suppose the rear cameras is still the big question mark so I might wait at least a day for some reviews before I make my final decision to purchase the One or wait to compare it with the OnePlus One (who knows when that might really be though; we haven't seen it and likely won't see it this month and the release seems like it's slated for late april to early june.)

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

I'd have to see the actual production product before committing to it.

via the tablet

Agreed 100?. You can tell me your new phone will make me a cup of coffee every morning and put the toilet seat down for me, but until I see the actual reviews backing it up I don't buy it.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Galaxy S5 or M8 - Which are you more likely to buy?

Agreed 100?. You can tell me your new phone will make me a cup of coffee every morning and put the toilet seat down for me, but until I see the actual reviews backing it up I don't buy it.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

Can we make this a sticky? /jk...sorta

via the tablet

HeroicLove

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
The M8 is without a doubt the best phone on the market and probably will be for a long time. However, since HTC does little advertising, the Galaxy will obviously win the quantity game, which average people associate with quality.

Posted via Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The M8 is without a doubt the best phone on the market and probably will be for a long time. However, since HTC does little advertising, the Galaxy will obviously win the quantity game, which average people associate with quality.

There is indeed that opinion.

NoTe 3 2 1nFiNiT1

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The M8 is without a doubt the best phone on the market and probably will be for a long time

I think that depends on what attributes a person is valuing. I could easily argue the LG G3 (announced), the Nexus 5, the Moto X and/or the Note 3 are better devices, but it would depend on use cases, etc. It's definitely awesome but I don't think there is an indisputably best device out there.

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I bought the HTC and I'm returning due to signal issues. Overall the phone is nice but I will be switching back to Samsung. My wife and I both have signal issues we are looking getting one bar and I have Verizon.. I have it on lte but it seems like this is an issue with a lot of people based on my research

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Well, no phone is perfect. As much as I enjoy my Note 3 and S5 I'm sure something could be better about them...it just hasn't occurred to me just yet what that is.

Hi5 to the sV

HeroicLove

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I think that depends on what attributes a person is valuing. I could easily argue the LG G3 (announced), the Nexus 5, the Moto X and/or the Note 3 are better devices, but it would depend on use cases, etc. It's definitely awesome but I don't think there is an indisputably best device out there.

I've heard the camera is not that good on the M8. I guess a photographer would argue against it.

Robgo

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I was eyeing the S5 and the Z2 (even the oneplus one) before I decided on the M8.

I passed on the S5 due to bad experience with past Samsung phones despite slightly higher specs than the M8. My experience with Samsung phones was so bad that I ditched android completely for a while and got a Lumia 920. I owned a Galaxy S2 way back and hated every moment with that buggy phone. I was sold on marketing as it had the best screen of all phones at the time.

I've got a friend that bought an S5 and he regrets it. He bought it on contract. After I told him about my M8 he took the phone back and demo'ed the M8 and wished he hadn't bought the S5. He tried to convince them to switch his phone to the M8 but they wouldn't let him. He now hates his S5 "ui is slow and laggy, I wish I had gesture controls, the screen is even too big" etc.

I've never been a big fan of Android phones. I had the first droid way back and liked that phone at the time but every other droid phone I've owned I really didn't like very much. I switched to apple for a bit with iphone 4 then the Lumia 920. The M8 is the first android phone I've really liked.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I guess its all in what you get used to and your preferences. For me, it'll likely always be LG or Samsung unless I'm in the mood to eat an Apple. Every day I enjoy my new Samsung toys more and more so I'm glad I have no regrets...yet. I'm extremely hard to satisfy and picky to a fault when it comes to phones so I'm just glad I'm satisfied so far. Peaceful...that's how my Samsung phones have left me feeling.

Hi5 from the sV

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
For me, it came down to screen quality and speakers. I can't stand Super AMOLED screens, and the front facing speakers had me going for the M8. Then Verizon's red version came out and that sinched it for me. That red is so striking, on top of the specs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robot sirkit