Galaxy S7 Edge Randomly Stops Receiving Calls and Text Messages

jumpinjackslash

Mar 31, 2019
Visit site
Hi, My phone has been doing something quirky over the last several months. For no reason that I can find, voice calls go straight to voice mail and I won't receive any text messages. Restarting the phone does not help. However, if I make a phone call, it fixes the problem.. until it happens again. All my text messages will come flooding in and it says how many calls I missed. If I attempt to send a text message while this is happening, the text will just say sending... and keep saying sending until I make an actual voice call.

I use Straight Talk but I don't think that's the issue. I get great service. There are no updates needed at the moment. I'm running Android 7.0 I can supply any other information that may be needed. If anyone knows something I can do, I would greatly appreciate it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this only happen in certain areas? I'm wondering if there might be some spots with poor reception that might cause the issue.

jumpinjackslash

Mar 31, 2019
Visit site
Hi, Thanks for the reply. Btw, love your avatar. I actually own the entire MST3K catalog. As for poor reception, no chance that's the issue. I literally have a cell tower in my back yard. When the issue happens, it lasts for an extended period of time. Like a whole day or longer. I have no idea it's happening either because there's no warnings or anything on my phone. It happens when I'm at home, work or just out and about. If it were a reception issue, it would randomly start working again and it doesn't. Only when when I make a voice call does it start working..

Example... I'll be home all day..my wife comes home from work.. gone about 8 hours and she will tell me she's been trying to call or text me all day. I'll show her my phone.. no missed calls, no texts. So I will call her phone to "wake" mine up and boom, I get flooded with text messages and missed call notifications. I've checked my settings, I can't find anything that seems like it would make a difference.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you considered trying a replacement SIM card?

Always nice to meet another MSTie! I keep watching all of the episodes available on YouTube, and also enjoying the new series on Netflix and all of the Rifftrax titles available on Prime Video.:D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogerinsg99