Galaxy sIII Jelly Bean - Calendar Issue

jenileesk8

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi All!

I updated to Jelly Bean yesterday but am now having an issue with my calendar that I can't find a fix for the in the calendar settings. Before, when I would add a task to my calendar, it would automatically be set to remind me "on time" but now, I have to manually choose for it to remind me. Anyone know how to make it so the notification is automatically set?

Shawn Magm

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean - Calendar Issue

Hi All!

I updated to Jelly Bean yesterday but am now having an issue with my calendar that I can't find a fix for the in the calendar settings. Before, when I would add a task to my calendar, it would automatically be set to remind me "on time" but now, I have to manually choose for it to remind me. Anyone know how to make it so the notification is automatically set?

For me, once I opened the native Calendar app, I tapped the menu capacitative button on the bottom left, tapped settings, and have default notification set @ 15 min.

jenileesk8

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

i have my default notification set for "on time" but whenever i used to enter an event it would automatically remind me on time, now i have to manually select for it to remind me. its kinda tedious haha

jacschaps

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site

I am soooo happy i am not going mad. the same thing is happening to me and it is very tedious to have to set the notification time for each added calendar reminder. someone needs to find a way around this, or samsung needs to deal with it

Lorien79

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site

I have been using a Samsung Galaxy SII for 2 years now and I am truly baffled as to how such a major mobile operating system could have developed such a horrible calendar!! The Jelly Bean version is now much improved but there is still a MAJOR, MAJOR FLAW: THE RINGTONES ARE TOTALLY UNNOTICEABLE!!!!! AM I THE ONLY PERSON AMONG THE MILLIONS OF USERS TO NOTICE THIS????!!!! I have had to install the Calendar Snooze app to provide a vocal notification that IS LOUD AND REPEATS!! (Hear that Google....R E P E A T S!!!!) I am absolutely dumbfounded as to how a company like Google could overlook such a BASIC, BASIC FEATURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please....someone tell me.....am I missing something????!!!!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Yes, you're missing a few more capital letters. And maybe some perspective on what's really important in life.

Seriously, there are plenty of loud ringtones available. Some of the built-in ones are plenty audible for me. And, as you've discovered, there are apps to do repeat notifications. No OS can possibly have every feature every user would want. That's why there are something like 700,000 applications available in the play store. And probably an equal number of ringtones. Would it be nice to have repeat calendar notifications built in? Sure. But given the lack of complaints about this "missing feature," it doesn't seem it's something most people need or want. Is it really THAT big of an issue to install an app to do it if you need the feature? Not for me.

Android's openness makes it pretty easy for everyone to customize the phone to work just the way they want it to. Most of us consider that an advantage, not something to whine and SHOUT about.

Even the iPhone doesn't seem to do everything. That's why there are even more apps available in the iTunes store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23