Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4: Cases?

cloudy71

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Canadian Bestbuy? Cant see anything on their site for the 8.4, just stuff for all their older stuff. The only CDN site i can find is from NCIX, which it says "back ordered - NA". Frustrating, launching accessories, in quantity, at the same time as the product should be essential :(

OK I did some research, and there's a few different options for you Pokaroo.
1st: Go to US store and get or order one and then when it come in, go back and pick it up there.
2st: Have someone in US order one for you, then when they receive it, then they ship it to you.
3rd:Just hold out till you can find a place to ship you one.

Have you tried calling samsung, not sure if they ship to Canada but it's worth finding out.

Sent from the Galaxy TabPro 8.4 aboard the StarShip Enterprise

Pokaroo

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
OK I did some research, and there's a few different options for you Pokaroo.
1st: Go to US store and get or order one and then when it come in, go back and pick it up there.
2st: Have someone in US order one for you, then when they receive it, then they ship it to you.
3rd:Just hold out till you can find a place to ship you one.

Have you tried calling samsung, not sure if they ship to Canada but it's worth finding out.

Thanks for your input, looks like bestbuy here in Canada are finally selling them, little stock mind you. Even tho the description says white it shows it in black lol

cloudy71

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your input, looks like bestbuy here in Canada are finally selling them, little stock mind you. Even tho the description says white it shows it in black lol

cool, at least you can get them now. The Samsung cases don't really offer to much protection other than covering, but it stylish and it's a smart cover.

I'm not in the habit of dropping things such tech so no worries lol

cloudy71

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why these company's make these and never get out the accessories at the same time.
It's not like there making this crap themselves

mostlywords

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I just got the Supcase last night. Pretty nice. Snapped in snugly, smart cover, feels like good quality. The only thing is that the case is not magnetic, but it has the elastic strap that you can wrap around the case to seal it. I like it.

cloudy71

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I just got the Supcase last night. Pretty nice. Snapped in snugly, smart cover, feels like good quality. The only thing is that the case is not magnetic, but it has the elastic strap that you can wrap around the case to seal it. I like it.

That's a nice case, congrats. The Samsung book cover does not magnetically stick to the tab to keep it shut due to the edge of tablet not being wide enough.

I almost took it back because of this but I didnt, other than that it's a good cover so I kept it.

Elijah Black

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I bought the 7-inch version of this AYL case for a different tablet but it does fit the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, but just barely. I like this case because it is well padded, works well as a stand and has a pocket for a USB charger. It only costs $5.99.
Thank you, it was just what I was looking for! It's not available on Amazon anymore but I found it on the AYL website

AnciusD

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
If it helps I bought the Pellem case off Amazon. I really like it, it has a magnet that wakes the tablet when you open it and offers good protection. Best of all its pretty cheap. Here's the link :

Posted via the Android Central App

Is there any danger of the magnet scratching the screen?

anon(18763)

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Is there any danger of the magnet scratching the screen?

No, it's completely enclosed in the cover. The only downside of this case is that there is no stand in portrait mode, just landscape. May not be an issue for people but a few times I have wished it had it. The build quality is great too, especially for the price.

AnciusD

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
No, it's completely enclosed in the cover. The only downside of this case is that there is no stand in portrait mode, just landscape. May not be an issue for people but a few times I have wished it had it. The build quality is great too, especially for the price.

Thanks, good to know. I still haven't decide whether I want a case or not. Never got one for my Tab 2 7" but the Pro is so thin that I'm always worried that I will drop or flip it accidentally. Currently, I use a Amazon Basics 10" pouch for transporting and storage.

On a whim, I did pick up this nifty tablet stand from Anker.
[link not allowed yet]

anon(18763)

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I am over protective and put a case and screen protector on everything when I could probably go without.

AnciusD

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I am over protective and put a case and screen protector on everything when I could probably go without.

I'm with you on screen protectors. I prefer the matte finish, and Fosmon if available. :D
Frankly, I don't use my ProTab enough or I'd have a case of some sort by now.

anon(18763)

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm with you on screen protectors. I prefer the matte finish, and Fosmon if available. :D
Frankly, I don't use my ProTab enough or I'd have a case of some sort by now.
I love this tablet. Had a first gen nexus 7 prior that I never really used. I have been waiting on a refurb to go back on sale for under 200 again so I can get one for my daughter. Think it's about the best price for performance out right now. Afraid that they are all gone though

AnciusD

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I love this tablet. Had a first gen nexus 7 prior that I never really used. I have been waiting on a refurb to go back on sale for under 200 again so I can get one for my daughter. Think it's about the best price for performance out right now. Afraid that they are all gone though

You might want to set up an alert on Slickdeals (groupon has had mfg refurbs for $199). I think that's where I first really became aware of the Tab Pro. I got mine in Dec. just before it was starting to be discontinued. I was really impressed with what a great value it was after reading some earlier reviews, especially compared to the Tab S. No regrets here.

My only concern now is the recurring posts I see about battery problems. I'm trying to monitor that and keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited:

schwanz583

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I bought mine around early December from best buy for $199 brand new!!! What a steal for such a great tablet with an amazing screen!!

Posted via Android Central App

schwanz583

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I bought a case off Amazon for $10 and it does it automatically. Might have to be something specific in the case.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332