Galaxy Tab refuses to charge and it also BLINKS/flashes!

xrawritzjess

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone! I need your help! Today when I got home my samsung galaxy tab 3 7.0 refuses to charge! I plugged it into the wall adapter using the charger provided when I purchased my tablet. When I charge my tablet I tend to turn my device off, therefore when I turned it off and plugged it into the wall adapter it started blinking and the battery picture didn't show up to let me know how much battery has been charged. The device goes from dark (the color when the device is completely shutted down) to then a brighter color, sort of like the brightness was turned up a bit.

This is the first time this has happened to me and I'm not sure why this is happening, does anyone have any suggestions to fix it?
Prior to this, I also had a problem where my battery had a red X one night, I unplugged it from the wall adapter and plugged it into the computer and it disappeared and started charging. However later that night I had 60% of battery and when I plugged it into the wall adapter it went down to 0%. After it started charging again it went back to normal. Does this have anything to do with the blinking and not charging?

Thank you so much!

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would try a different cable. See if that helps. If not, there may be an issue with the charging port.

xrawritzjess

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I would try a different cable. See if that helps. If not, there may be an issue with the charging port.
Thank you for your help! I switched it to a cellphone cable and it started charging again, however when I connected it with my computer via cable and then tried charging, it stopped working again.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your help! I switched it to a cellphone cable and it started charging again, however when I connected it with my computer via cable and then tried charging, it stopped working again.

Ok. It sounds like the cable/wall unit is at fault. Have you found one to replace it?

xrawritzjess

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Ok. It sounds like the cable/wall unit is at fault. Have you found one to replace it?
I don't think I have another one at my house (cellphone cables) so what I tried was using my original supplied cable from samsunAg and after doing some poking around it started to work and not work again :'( BUT as of right now, I tried again with the cellphone cable that worked when I switched and it didn't work, but I unplugged the cable from the tablet and blew in the tablet port and reconnected the usb it started charging again. However I'm not sure if it will charge again after I disconnect it :(

Should I buy a new cable/cable + dock? :/

Thank you again! :)

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't think I have another one at my house (cellphone cables) so what I tried was using my original supplied cable from samsunAg and after doing some poking around it started to work and not work again :'( BUT as of right now, I tried again with the cellphone cable that worked when I switched and it didn't work, but I unplugged the cable from the tablet and blew in the tablet port and reconnected the usb it started charging again. However I'm not sure if it will charge again after I disconnect it :(

I would start with the cheaper solution first. Have you tried our site? We have some pretty good deals on many things, including OEM original accessories.
ShopAndroid - #1 Store for Android Accessories

xrawritzjess

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I would start with the cheaper solution first. Have you tried our site? We have some pretty good deals on many things, including OEM original accessories.
ShopAndroid - #1 Store for Android Accessories

Thank you! I actually tried looking for a new charger on the samsung site but it didn;t sell it for my tablet. I also didn't know this forum had a shop! I'll take a look at it and see if I need to purchase a new charger first!

Thank you for all your help! :)

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank you! I actually tried looking for a new charger on the samsung site but it didn;t sell it for my tablet. I also didn't know this forum had a shop! I'll take a look at it and see if I need to purchase a new charger first!

Thank you for all your help! :)

You are very welcome.
I have made several purchases through ShopAndroid. Shipping is very prompt, prices are very respectable (I have probably saved almost $50 in accessories so far).
Let us know if you find anything.

LauraBrady088

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Hey the same problem that you had or have is happening to me so I was wandering if you can please help me. Can you please tell me if you made your tablet work yet or what happen. Thank you

Shaydee5

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site

I thought that this tablet couldn't be charged from a computer? When I plug it in to my laptop, I always get the red symbol in the notification. I can only charge through a car or wall charger.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I thought that this tablet couldn't be charged from a computer? When I plug it in to my laptop, I always get the red symbol in the notification. I can only charge through a car or wall charger.
USB port from computer doesn't have enough current to charge, it supplies only around 0.5 Amp. Tab 3 requires current output of 2 Amps to charge properly. Use this tool will help you to figure out which one is not working: charger, cable or USB port.

USB current and voltage tester | eBay

No guessing as I see many people have no idea of what's wrong of charging problem when it's very easy to figure out.

DibDab

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like the mother board. My son's did that. They changed out the battery and then had to change the mother board.

Posted via the Android Central App