Garbage Warning Message/Full Memory - Genuine?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have Android 7.1.1.

I've recently started receiving warnings that 'there are too many system garbage' on my phone. The terrible grammar makes me suspect this is not a legitimate message, but I'm not sure - any thoughts?

To be on the safe side, I went to File Manager > Clean and selected the option for cleaning junk files. Now when I go to Clean it says 'Junk Cleaned,' yet it also plays messages telling me my memory is full and exhorting me to download Bravo Booster! My phone settings claim 1.2 GB of 1.9 GB are used up. Maybe I should just download Bravo Booster?

Thanks in advance for helping!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

IndyIndy

Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
Alcatel 6062W hijacked by cleaning app?

Alcatel 6062W suddenly have a file folder and broom in my notification bar. It tells me "system garbage cleaning". It is not any app in my system. I cant get rid of it. And there is a popup bar every time i touch my phone it is colorful with a game console controller like an ad for games. Since this started my phone will not charge its been 2 days and my battery still at 8%. Its annoying. seems like a virus or whatever thing.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, unless you have an ancient phone I think what you were looking at was memory (RAM) rather than storage (even 2 GB of memory is low these days). Any app that advertises in the way Bravo Booster is is probably not one you want to install. Something to consider, though - Android WANTS to fill memory, using some app to clean memory will only contribute to a SLOWER phone and one that uses battery faster (loading from storage using more power than loading from RAM).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I must not have read the OP thoroughly enough the first time -- I absolutely agree with hallux. It sounds like the OP installed some terrible 3rd party file manager/"phone cleaner" app. it should be uninstalled immediately. My recommended 3rd party file managers are File by Google or Total Commander.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Alcatel 6062W hijacked by cleaning app?

Welcome to Android Central! Does this go away in Safe Mode? https://www.hardreset.info/devices/alcatel/alcatel-7/safe-mode/.

Swipe down the notification panel -- do you see the "System garbage cleaning" notification there? If so, what app does it say is responsible?

Alcatel is notorious for the terrible practice of shoving adware into its preinstalled apps (like the gallery and file manager), so if it still appears in Safe Mode, you won't be able to get rid of it. It'd be time to ditch Alcatel and get a new phone.

AGH_LA

Feb 14, 2022
Visit site
Hi, I'm OP. Thanks to everyone who's replied! I'm attaching a screenshot.

Other points:

1) My phone is an Alcatel Raven LTE.

2) Yes, I was confusing memory with storage. Oops!

The weird thing is that I definitely never deliberately installed any such third-party file manager/'phone cleaner' app. I'm getting constant suspicious notifications from File Manager, which is not third-party as far as I'm aware. Should I delete it anyway?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220213-192218.png
    Screenshot_20220213-192218.png
    188.7 KB · Views: 8
A

Android Central Question

I found a solution to removing system garbage cleaning from an alcatel phone.

I saw a question from IndyIndy about this. I had the same problem. It's the File Manager application. I was able to go to Settings, Apps, pick File Manager, then go down to Store. It said the app was installed from the Google Play store. In the store, I was able to pick Uninstall. It's finally gone! Hope this helps others.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: I found a solution to removing system garbage cleaning from an alcatel phone.

Welcome to the forums and thanks for posting that solution.

Donna 2

Feb 15, 2022
Visit site
Re: I found a solution to removing system garbage cleaning from an alcatel phone.

I saw a question from IndyIndy about this. I had the same problem. It's the File Manager application. I was able to go to Settings, Apps, pick File Manager, then go down to Store. It said the app was installed from the Google Play store. In the store, I was able to pick Uninstall. It's finally gone! Hope this helps others.

Thank you so much. It helped me getting rid of this annoy thing!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter