Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

pank

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Gingerbread is not coming out.

Its not coming out.

You know not everybody keeps up on all this stuff... It's kind of a dick move to post that when we all know it "is" coming out. Why do we know it's coming out? Because there have been too many GB leaks for the DX, Verizon is not doing this just so they can test GB on the DX 2. Original DX owners have gotten the GB update pushed to their phones, that is why we have the leaks in the first place...

What if somebody was looking to buy a new DX and saw your post and thought, Oh crap. Seriously I truly don't mean to come of as being harsh but these types of posts really aren't needed. They serve no purpose other than to confuse people.

jak112460

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
You know not everybody keeps up on all this stuff... It's kind of a dick move to post that when we all know it "is" coming out. Why do we know it's coming out? Because there have been too many GB leaks for the DX, Verizon is not doing this just so they can test GB on the DX 2. Original DX owners have gotten the GB update pushed to their phones, that is why we have the leaks in the first place...

What if somebody was looking to buy a new DX and saw your post and thought, Oh crap. Seriously I truly don't mean to come of as being harsh but these types of posts really aren't needed. They serve no purpose other than to confuse people.

We know it is not coming out because its been promised numerous times by people with know knowlege of anything and since I know nothing I thinks its now established that my information carries just as much weight as those people who say they know. Its not coming out. Prove that it is.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, dude. The fact that I'm running a leaked build of it proves it's coming out. if the build was for an x2 it simply wouldn't work. The x has different hardware.

Verizon and Moto would not waste money on a product they have no intention of releasing.

Sent via Tapatalk

StorminDT

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
The Storm1 that I had saw a lot of leaked builds come out. None of them were ever released by Verizon.

That being said, I do believe we will see GB for the X. That would probably be the last update Verizon will do for it.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
The Storm1 that I had saw a lot of leaked builds come out. None of them were ever released by Verizon.

That being said, I do believe we will see GB for the X. That would probably be the last update Verizon will do for it.

Verizon did occasionally release builds for the S1, just like the Curve and Tour (that's all I had before I went Droid). The leaked releases were test builds, and then later revisions were released to the Storm. I didn't mean that Verizon would be releasing all of these versions of GB. I more meant that if VZ wasn't developing a GB release, we wouldn't see ANY leaked builds. There wouldn't be builds. There would be nothing. :'(

The second part of your post, about it being the last update, I mostly agree with. There's no way that they will put ICS on here, and HC isn't even designed for phones. However, I would hope that once they release this and inevitably find some bugs, they will patch (some of) them and release an update.

jnewell

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
We know it is not coming out because its been promised numerous times by people with know knowlege of anything and since I know nothing I thinks its now established that my information carries just as much weight as those people who say they know. Its not coming out. Prove that it is.

Ahhh. We bow to your authoritative and omniscient majesty, really we do.

Reactions: pank

jak112460

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Here's what we know. No push afterany posts saying it was friday and then monday and then blah blah blah. So the moral is that you don't know any more than me and I could be just as right as you.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
A broken clock is right twice a day. Or is it, even a blind squirrel will eventually find a nut...

At some point someone will say "I told you it would be released on this day" and they will be right.

Still waiting...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Here's what we know. No push afterany posts saying it was friday and then monday and then blah blah blah.

Your profile shows that you joined AC in Nov 2009, so I will assume you have had an Android device since the Droid 1, probably.

Tell us, when has an update EVER came on the day out was first rumored? There are always delays. It is coming, no need to try to spread FUD.

Reactions: pank