Gear S2 Battery Draining Very quickly

comptechltd

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I read on another forum and it seems to work for me. I have mobile network off as well as WiFi but turn the gear network to auto select. That seemed to help mine.

Steve

comptechltd

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is back closer to normal but is still not that good. I get about 13 hours before it's at 10% or so. I have the variant that is not Bluetooth only but I do not have service with it. I just use it in Bluetooth mode. The battery life is still not as good as it used to be.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried using a different watchface? I have found that some watch faces drain the battery faster than others. Experiment with some different watchfaces.

ebfly21

May 31, 2018
Visit site
I've had my Gear S2 (Verizon 3G) for 2.5 years now. I have location turned off, notifications only for texts and calls, wifi off, nfc off, screen brightness at 2, a dark watchface, and my watch will only last like 11 hours. It will warn me low battery and then at like 22% it shuts off and is dead. When I'm not using the Bluetooth connection, it lasts for about 15-16 hours. I think batteries just wear down when they are used and charged everyday for 2.5 years (actually mine has been pretty bad like this for a good year already probably.) I'm going to try to replace the battery myself and see if it helps. Had to get an after market one as I can't find a Samsung one anywhere! I did a factory reset to see if that would help but it didn't.

ebfly21

May 31, 2018
Visit site
In all of the forums everyone keeps talking about how there Samsung Gear S2 battery drains quickly. Everyone has tried the factory reset, and changing all their settings to use the least power, but guys, any battery that is charged every single day for two plus years is not going to last. It's not because of the latest software updates or anything else, it's just the fact that these types of batteries don't last a long time just like in our phones. I finally got sick of mine not lasting through the day and instead of buying a new watch, I contacted Samsung. It was a pain in the *** and like 40 minutes of my time, but they sent me a UPS label, I shipped it to them, paid $72 for a new battery, and got it back all within about 7 business days. Their email to me said:

Problem found:
INTERNAL BATTERY FAILURE - INTERMITTENT/NO SPKR AUDIO - WON'T DOWNLOAD SW/PRL

Solution:
S/W UPDATED - REPLACED COSMETIC - REPLACED COMPONENT

I'm pretty sure that just means they replaced a crappy battery.

Ken-55

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
In all of the forums everyone keeps talking about how there Samsung Gear S2 battery drains quickly. Everyone has tried the factory reset, and changing all their settings to use the least power, but guys, any battery that is charged every single day for two plus years is not going to last. It's not because of the latest software updates or anything else, it's just the fact that these types of batteries don't last a long time just like in our phones. I finally got sick of mine not lasting through the day and instead of buying a new watch, I contacted Samsung. It was a pain in the *** and like 40 minutes of my time, but they sent me a UPS label, I shipped it to them, paid $72 for a new battery, and got it back all within about 7 business days. Their email to me said:

Problem found:
INTERNAL BATTERY FAILURE - INTERMITTENT/NO SPKR AUDIO - WON'T DOWNLOAD SW/PRL

Solution:
S/W UPDATED - REPLACED COSMETIC - REPLACED COMPONENT

I'm pretty sure that just means they replaced a crappy battery.

OK, I get your point about a battery not lasting forever BUT many of us have had no problems at all and battery life went to **** overnight.

How is it working for you since you had it serviced? I'm having problems justifying spending $72 to repair a couple year old watch. If I bite the bullet and it doesn't work, I'll be really pissed!

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Replacement battery is $26 on Amazon with tools. YouTube video on repair is pretty simple. Maybe 20 minutes and no need to send your watch anywhere.

James Cox5

Feb 19, 2020
Visit site
I read all other post and tried factory reset, light reset,etc, but it's still not fixed. Please help.
I know this post is old but I found a fix that seems to work. I disabled the diagnostic service that sends info to Samsung and now my battery last much longer. I would also suggest rebooting your phone after you disable the diagnostic service.

James Cox5

Feb 19, 2020
Visit site
OK, I get your point about a battery not lasting forever BUT many of us have had no problems at all and battery life went to **** overnight.

How is it working for you since you had it serviced? I'm having problems justifying spending $72 to repair a couple year old watch. If I bite the bullet and it doesn't work, I'll be really pissed!

Try turning off diagnostic reporting, that extended my battery life 10 fold.