Gear VR registration/approval/shipping/arrival info & also problems.

Ian Foster2

May 24, 2017
Visit site
Talked to the promotion people yesterday and they said the bundle is going to come in two packages now. One with the VR and one with the headphones and memory card. Said the VR is being fulfilled by the promotion group still and the rest is being sent by another samsung department. She gave me a direct number for them, but I gave up after being on hold for 30 minutes cause I had things to do. Might try again today though. Whole experience has just been surreal.

SkhairKro

May 1, 2017
Visit site
When it said "Ship Between 5/23/2017 - 5/30/2017 I'll admit I was a bit concerned, granted I'd have to wait out til at least the 30th if it made that time estimate or not, and I was getting somewhat worried that it's the 26th of May and had no email updates or anything yet until I noticed if finally said "Shipped!" just about an hr ago! YAY!! :D

Ian Foster2

May 24, 2017
Visit site
When it said "Ship Between 5/23/2017 - 5/30/2017 I'll admit I was a bit concerned, granted I'd have to wait out til at least the 30th if it made that time estimate or not, and I was getting somewhat worried that it's the 26th of May and had no email updates or anything yet until I noticed if finally said "Shipped!" just about an hr ago! YAY!! :D

So did yours already state sent before it gave the date range or not? Mine has sent for some time, but never given a ship date or range.

SkhairKro

May 1, 2017
Visit site
So did yours already state sent before it gave the date range or not? Mine has sent for some time, but never given a ship date or range.

Yes, it said "processing-gift" the 3rd of the 4 circles on the chart on Samsung's "check gift status" page and it had been on that since I was aproved on the 26th. Then around May 11th it showed "estimated ship time 23rd-30th" below but still no "gift sent" until just last afternoon the 26th. So I'm guessing if your still stuck on "proccessing-gift" with no estimated ship date showing, you'll most likely soon get that update and then within that expected time it should then go to "gift-sent" Some people had their estimated ship times show as soon as it was sent, and if your near the "26th of April" Aproved time like I was, you'll perhaps get your updates sooon. Seems like they're going on the order of when people were aproved.

SkhairKro

May 1, 2017
Visit site

Oh I see, you said yours said "sent" but no estimated ship time. Yeah that's rather odd? I wonder what day were you aproved for and how long did it say "sent" for? Lot's of folks saying it's been glitchy, like some having estimated ship times from 2 weeks past the current date, but then also it showing "sent" and showing up dilivered anyhow 2 days later and not even getting Fedex notice until it delivered to door!

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Woot!! I can't believe it!! Finally after a month of this the status changed!!
View attachment 260859

I know... right!?! I checked on Friday (since it was the first day for the shipping date window) and no change. Checked again Sunday and received the "Gift Sent" status update! Still no shipping information yet but at least the status is progressing. Hope to have it soon!

J

SkhairKro

May 1, 2017
Visit site
Took a few days, 4 to be exact, for me to get a Tracking Number Email Finally!! AWESOME!!! Went to "gift-sent" on the 27th of May to getting a tracking number email from samsung around Lunch Time today! I'm guessing it took a day or two logner due to it having to send right before the weekend and because of Memorial Day. LITTERALLY EVEYRHING that could have coincidentally slowed getting this thing down, including Holidays, just had to line right up with my scheduled delivery time!!

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Got my tracking number today 30 May FedEX. Supposed to get it Thursday 1 June. Excited. Took about 6 weeks from buying the S8+. Very happy with it.

SlippySlimm

Banned
May 8, 2017
Visit site
Was all set to receive it today, got an email this afternoon with updated tracking info saying it's now coming tomorrow. They just had to throw one last curveball in there for good measure lol...all good, I can make it one more day. Will be a nice little treat on a Friday.

JRfromWV

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
I finally broke down and called Samsung this afternoon after fearing my order was also canceled. Thankfully my wait was only about 5 minutes and Desiree informed me that they just got a shipment of the "Fully Immersive" package in today. Supposed to receive an email in 3-5 business days with tracking info. Whether or not any of that is true is beyond me but I was relieved that my order is still valid. Hope the rest of you have the same or better luck!

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I finally broke down and called Samsung this afternoon after fearing my order was also canceled. Thankfully my wait was only about 5 minutes and Desiree informed me that they just got a shipment of the "Fully Immersive" package in today. Supposed to receive an email in 3-5 business days with tracking info. Whether or not any of that is true is beyond me but I was relieved that my order is still valid. Hope the rest of you have the same or better luck!
They are really bad about sending emails and there is no tracking info in them. Download the FeEx manager app and sign up with your address and you will have all of the tracking info.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Finally got my VR this morning.

Accepted on 4/27, shipping window stated 5/29-6/5, actually shipped 5/30, arrived 6/3.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Got mine yesterday. Loving it so far but still seems a bit limited for my taste. No 4k res and doesn't feel as immersive as I thought it would but hey its free so no complaints.