Gen Z and Flip Phones

Rick Dangerous

Jun 18, 2021
Visit site
There are a ton of articles out there about how Gen Z has adopted flip phones to reduce screen times and increase mental health.

I actually really like this idea even though i'm 39, lol. My main issue with swapping in a SIM card on occasion and doing this is, I don't want to go back to typing texts on a numberic keypad, such a pain to rotate through the letter.

I guess my question is.....is anyone still making slider phones? I don't mind old tech, would just like to have a full keyboard for typing out texts. What route would you go phone wise if you were looking to do something like this? Thanks!

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I could type like a demon on an alphanumeric keypad! I remember hundreds of years ago texting in the middle of winter while waiting for a bus. I could pull out my 3330 to read the message then put my hands in my pockets and type out and send a reply by feel alone.

The last slider I saw was the Key2, but I never paid attention to full QWERTY phones.

EDIT: Actually, I don't think that was even a slider... I think it was just a bar phone with a keyboard.

Rick Dangerous

Jun 18, 2021
Visit site
Granted I will keep my Pixel 7! The plan would be to swap the SIM in here and there when I need a few days/weeks of cutting back on screen time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter