Getting contacts from lost phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi. I lost my phone and I have not been able to get my old contacts onto my new phone as I never backed them up anywhere.

However, they are definetly saved someone. For example, when I create a new contact of a number that used to be in my contacts, it already knows their name as of its getting it from somewhere. Also, on snapchat it says people are in my contacts when they were on my old phone but not my new one. Is there a way I can retrieve my old contacts?

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have? Your phone app may be able to identify a number based on that person's caller ID information, so it doesn't necessarily mean it's remembering your contacts.

You were saving all of your contacts to the local Phone account, and not your Google account? Just to be sure, you went to contacts.google.com on your computer browser and didn't see any of your contacts there?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html