Getting iMac to recognize N4 via USB

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to use Double Twist to get music from my iMac to my Note 4. I also previously downloaded Android File Transfer to get pics from the iMac to the phone, and that works fine. I believe, however, that AFT is also keeping my computer from recognizing the phone.

I've allowed debugging mode in settings. When I connect the phone via USB my computer recognizes the phone in Finder, but then AFT opens up automatically and my device disappears from Finder. Double Twist therefore won't work. I'd prefer to use DT since it appears to be a more seamless transition from iTunes (playlists, etc.), and it looks a lot like iTunes, so it appears that it will be a bit easier to use for an iTunes user.

Is AFT the culprit? Is there something else I should be doing to get my iMac to recognize my phone for more than 3 seconds?

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to Mac and after so many people on Mac recommending AFT, I finally downloaded it with my Note 3 and it worked no problems. It works with my Note 4 now and I didn't even touch anything in the settings on the phone. I've only used it once so far though, but no problems. So not sure what your problem is.

I was able to transfer a few pics and things, haven't tried Music though. I have been using Google Play for music just to save storage on my SD card and the Phone. I didn't even have to download the Music Manager on my Mac for Google Play, since I already had most of my music uploaded when I had my old PC. Now I just add songs via the AFT app.

If your phone doesn't show up in Finder, but if the AFT window pops up for your phone and SD card storage, because not sure my phone would always show in Finder, then I just drag the items to my Finder folders or Desktop, that I want from the AFT window.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to use Double Twist to get music from my iMac to my Note 4. I also previously downloaded Android File Transfer to get pics from the iMac to the phone, and that works fine. I believe, however, that AFT is also keeping my computer from recognizing the phone.

I've allowed debugging mode in settings. When I connect the phone via USB my computer recognizes the phone in Finder, but then AFT opens up automatically and my device disappears from Finder. Double Twist therefore won't work. I'd prefer to use DT since it appears to be a more seamless transition from iTunes (playlists, etc.), and it looks a lot like iTunes, so it appears that it will be a bit easier to use for an iTunes user.

Is AFT the culprit? Is there something else I should be doing to get my iMac to recognize my phone for more than 3 seconds?

I have my iTunes upload to Google Music. But I usually also move my music to the phone locally through AFT to use offline and through the stock music player, seems redundant I know but it works for me. Anyway, you can just drag the music folder from within your iTunes folder within Finder to your phone through AFT. You'll have all your music but will have to recreate your playlists on the phone. You can also use Samsung Smart Switch. There is an Smart Switch app for your Mac that will extract your music and playlists from iTunes for transfer to your phone. I personally don't use Double Twist, I have in the past and didn't really like it. Another option, if you want a more traditional syncing method, I would say iSyncr would be the choice. There's an app for your phone and computer. They also have a wifi version for keeping things in sync wirelessly.