Getting rid of all of my samsung gear.....

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
...and went to the darkside, APPLE! And I'm finding it isn't so dark. I've been an avid android and specifically samsung user for many many years. My last apple was a, iphone 3gs. Since then I've bought every samsung flagship phone, tablet and watch every year. But since this pre order fiasco with the watch4, and samsungs abysmal customer support in canada, I was so soured on samsung, and even android itself at that point, I made the switch. Funny because I was super happy with my flip 3 and excited to get the watch4 but after multiple dealings and waste of an hour+ each time talking to samsungs joke of customer support trying to deal with my watch4 order, I actually felt quite scammed and icky every time I looked at or flipped open my shiny new phone. I still don't have the watch4 I was promised on 5 separate dates and samsung has given me the runaround, not a single update email since they took my money, won''t allow me to cancel etc.

Sooo....
Sold my z flip 3, tab s6 and tab s7 both pending sale, and will be selling my s21, note 10+ and galaxy watch3. All to reimburse the iphone 13 pro max, apple watch and ipad pro that I am very much enjoying. And I've got to tell ya, apples implementation of everything is slick as hell. The night before I was planning to get my iphone I was literally panicked and worried I would hate apple and regret it. I'd already decided there's no way am I ever giving a cent to samsung again though so I went ahead. After a week with ditching samsung and going all apple, its been a breath of fresh air and I wish I'd done this sooner.

I've never considered myself a fanboy of any particular brand or OS, but rather a fan of tech in general. Samsung makes great hardware, but treats its customers like complete shiit. And since samsungs ineptitude at valuing its customers forced me to try apple again, and I am actually grateful. Enough is enough. Samsungs attempt at creating an ecosystem like apple has created is actually an embarrassment in comparison.

....in before, apple fanboy comments, thread moved or deleted, apple sucks etc etc.

Last edited:

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Seeing more and more from the Android community move over to iPhone. Seems years ago that was unheard of!

OP I can fully understand your frustrations with Samsung and the distaste they've left you with!

I tried iOS with the iPhone 7 Plus and lasted a good while but eventually grew bored and came back to Android. I must admit the 13 Pro/Pro Max has peeked my interest but face unlock as the sole biometric option is a big turn off for me.

I use an iPhone 8 Plus daily (work issued phone) and cannot foresee myself going soley to an iPhone for personal device. Who knows ... maybe one day I'll give it a go again. May have no choice if Google disappoints somehow with the Pixel 6 ... Seems in the world of Android all we have left is Google and Samsung. Not being a Samsung fan myself, if the new Pixels don't suit my fancy I'm not sure where I'll turn!

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Personal experience Apple pre-orders get delayed repeatedly, updates are unstable junk, and they've got among the worst customer service of any company I worked with. It's why I won't even consider an Apple product, so I understand why a bad experience with Samsung could push you away.

We all have bad experiences with one brand or another regardless of what type of product it is. Do hope you enjoy your Apple products and don't regret the switch.

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! No, I know, any big corporation is going to have issues, and pre order issues especially now with covid. I had had enough this time though. It's less about the delays etc. and more about how I was treated....not to mention I have to wait on hold for hours each time I want to check on my order and be treated like crap by them just trying to get my money back, or a straight answer. So yeah, as much as I wanted to just grin and bear it, I increasingly lost all excitement over my new flip 3 and it was just a constant reminder of how trapped they had me, and my money, and how little they cared. So I got out of that relationship.

isired

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I've been a Mac user my whole life, going back to the late 80s (as a graphic designer, there really wasn't an option back then). However, I've never used an iPhone. I have/had desktops, laptops, iPad and even iPods but never a phone. At first, it was pre-iPhone and I had Windows phones. Then went to Samsung because I couldn't imagine not having the ability to bring extra batteries (before portables were a thing)... then expandable memory - and starting with a Note 5, I got hooked on the pen.

So now I've been hanging on to my Note 10+ because I can't find a 512GB Note 20 Ultra in stock, and that's the last phone with the integrated pen and expandable memory right? With no pen or expandable memory, I'll definitely give the latest iPhone a try.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
...and went to the darkside, APPLE! And I'm finding it isn't so dark. I've been an avid android and specifically samsung user for many many years. My last apple was a, iphone 3gs. Since then I've bought every samsung flagship phone, tablet and watch every year. But since this pre order fiasco with the watch4, and samsungs abysmal customer support in canada, I was so soured on samsung, and even android itself at that point, I made the switch. Funny because I was super happy with my flip 3 and excited to get the watch4 but after multiple dealings and waste of an hour+ each time talking to samsungs joke of customer support trying to deal with my watch4 order, I actually felt quite scammed and icky every time I looked at or flipped open my shiny new phone. I still don't have the watch4 I was promised on 5 separate dates and samsung has given me the runaround, not a single update email since they took my money, won''t allow me to cancel etc.

Sooo....
Sold my z flip 3, tab s6 and tab s7 both pending sale, and will be selling my s21, note 10+ and galaxy watch3. All to reimburse the iphone 13 pro max, apple watch and ipad pro that I am very much enjoying. And I've got to tell ya, apples implementation of everything is slick as hell. The night before I was planning to get my iphone I was literally panicked and worried I would hate apple and regret it. I'd already decided there's no way am I ever giving a cent to samsung again though so I went ahead. After a week with ditching samsung and going all apple, its been a breath of fresh air and I wish I'd done this sooner.

I've never considered myself a fanboy of any particular brand or OS, but rather a fan of tech in general. Samsung makes great hardware, but treats its customers like complete shiit. And since samsungs ineptitude at valuing its customers forced me to try apple again, and I am actually grateful. Enough is enough. Samsungs attempt at creating an ecosystem like apple has created is actually an embarrassment in comparison.

....in before, apple fanboy comments, thread moved or deleted, apple sucks etc etc.

If a company treats you like dirt when you're trying to give them large amounts of money, I don't care who they are...they don't deserve your business. I personally have no brand loyalty... I'll use a device until I quit liking it or the company, then just try another one. Same with my cars, motorcycles etc.

I don't think you'll get bashed like you expected, nobody likes to be treated like you were, and it's very well known how bad Samsungs customer service is. Unfortunately I think customer service in general has went down the crapper :eek: :-\

EnthalpiousKitten

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site
It's sad when a company messes up like this and forces people to other platforms. I personally almost went Apple in the beginning cause I had mostly good experience with the iPod, but all changed when a friend one day pulled out his phone and showed me a PC emulator. The hacker culture around Android is the main thing that's of importance to me, cause I hate anything I can't mod/hack/customize the hell out of. But hey, if the iOS stuff does what you need and you aren't a literal hacker/modder like I am, go for it. Apple devices are meant for those that just need something that just works flawlessly and productively and smoothly right out of the box. With Apple you dont have to worry about anything, while Android is for those that either need a cheaper phone or like me want control over as much of the device as possible.

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
I know this is an old topic but wanted to just chime in:

I don't blame you on the customer experience. If you aren't feeling supported, definitely put your money elsewhere

My last experience with Apple was with the 12 pro. It was cool to feel "included" with fam and friends. But I barely used the "features " that iPhone had, didn't feel compelled to get more of the ecosystem, still used a lot of Google apps for my personal things, and never had that spark of excitement picking up the phone

I kept my eye on the z flip 3. I waited until the holidays of 2021 to finally make the choice. Bought my phone from Samsung directly, used affirm for payment, and got a good trade in for my iPhone. Using the z flip just felt like this fresh approach to using my phone. I'm sure you know since you had the same phone. The only thing I was nervous about was making that "announcement " that I was switching platforms

Coming back to android made me want to get into the ecosystem again. My phone came with buds, and I just got a used gear s3. I've enjoyed using my phone again and I don't think I'll ever get that feeling with apple.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Customer service is ALWAYS an issue with most companies. The bigger the company the bigger the problem. When you have literally multiple millions of customers, the chances of falling through the cracks becomes greater. I too keep looking at Apple simply for a change...to break the boredom that has become Android...but for me it will never happen UNLESS and UNTIL they allow the same level of customization that Android allows.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
And here I am adding to my one Samsung device with an another S22. And I say another S22 since others were sent back for being defective. However, between Samsung's good tech support and customer assistance I ordered another S22. However, I owe no alligence to any company. So I could switch next year; but it will never be to Apple.
However, it appears all my close friends and associates own iPhone.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Customer service is ALWAYS an issue with most companies. The bigger the company the bigger the problem. When you have literally multiple millions of customers, the chances of falling through the cracks becomes greater. I too keep looking at Apple simply for a change...to break the boredom that has become Android...but for me it will never happen UNLESS and UNTIL they allow the same level of customization that Android allows.

I think Apple's the closest to understanding that good customer service keeps customers... although all the shady tricks and ways they try to upsell devices that aren't really broken, slow devices down in the background, don't let any third party shops fix their devices, and the rest of the endless list of underhanded tactics kinda spoils the enhanced customer service approach.

But still, if another company could figure out good customer service keeps and brings in customers, without all the shady underhanded tactics, they could get more market share than they ever dreamed.

Of course shortsighted greed will most likely always be in the way of that :-\

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
So far, I have had decent support through Samsung. Actually to the point of being surprised at how responsive they were. But I would be just as livid as the OP if I had gotten that level of support. I don't think it would have caused me to switch to an iPhone but definitely would have switched to a Pixel. I want the customization of Android. My kids all have Apple products and have had iPhones in the past and their experience with customer support has always been positive. There is no argument that iPhone's are great phones and, without doubt, iPhones have their loyalty base and Android has theirs.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I think Apple's the closest to understanding that good customer service keeps customers... although all the shady tricks and ways they try to upsell devices that aren't really broken, slow devices down in the background, don't let any third party shops fix their devices, and the rest of the endless list of underhanded tactics kinda spoils the enhanced customer service approach.

But still, if another company could figure out good customer service keeps and brings in customers, without all the shady underhanded tactics, they could get more market share than they ever dreamed.

Of course shortsighted greed will most likely always be in the way of that :-\

Part of Apple’s appeal to their users are the stores they have and how easy it is to get service or education on using their devices. I don’t know how much that costs them but it’s not something every company can do.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
After being on Android since the very beginning, having Early Motorola smartphones then transitioning to Samsung Notes, I made the huge mistake of buying a Pixel 6 Pro and having the most frustrating and disappointing experience dealing with the non existent Google Advanced Tech Support. In my twenty nine years of having the same cell number and twenty three years with Verizon Business, dealing with Google was perhaps the single most WORST customer service support experience EVER! Not all Google mind you, just the Google Pixel department. I highly doubt that I will ever again buy a new Pixel phone or any hardware from Google, the experience was simply that bad. Granted, customer support and service have suffered the last few years all over, but with Google and their failure to support an inferior, handicapped modem design coupled with all their bugs, frankly, my money is better spent elsewhere. Btw, the Note 9 was the finest smartphone I have ever used.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000