Getting your replacement Nexus 7...

enjoylife949

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
My N7 arrived last Tuesday July 17. The left side loose screen problem was evident from the first day but it did not really bother me too much. I decided to call google today and start the process of getting a replacement because I was worried that it may get worse. I can only hope that later batches have a higher percentage of keepers.

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Ugh. My replacement has a mushy semi functional power button, which is a worse problem than the mushy screen problem. I just sent both of them back and a third one is going to be shipped to me.

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Got my replacement Nexus today. My original has washed out looking colors. The replacement is even worse. *sigh*

Kinda annoyed with ASUS's quality right now. I'm gonna send the replacement back and try again.

robbob88

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Google issued me a replacement today and the device should be shipping soon. I have 21 days to send in my defective one which means I Get to keep this one until the replacement comes. I am actually Pleased with this process but still, defective units on this large of a scale is not acceptable, IMO.

I'm also curious as to why Google or ASUS has yet to make an official statement on this screen lifting issue.

Derek712

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone get "Oh no! There was an issue loading your account information. This is probably just a server hiccup. Try reloading this page in a few minutes." from google wallet when trying to place a replacement order for nexus 7? The link directs me to google wallet but it would not show any checkout buttons or anything that would allow google to send my replacement Nexus 7

Yes, unfortunately, I have this same issue. I too waited a few days before trying the link because it was a gift. I called Google on Friday and they assured me that they have never seen this problem before and it will get resolved. It had to get "escalated" to a higher customer support team though, so I'm waiting on a return email... I'll let you know how it turns out.

lochmox

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes, unfortunately, I have this same issue. I too waited a few days before trying the link because it was a gift. I called Google on Friday and they assured me that they have never seen this problem before and it will get resolved. It had to get "escalated" to a higher customer support team though, so I'm waiting on a return email... I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thank you please tell.me how it goes. My nexus 7 is getting worse and worse and google was no avail for me :(. I would really appreciate what you'll do

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Question for people that have had to return their Nexus 7 more than once. I got a replacement Nexus 7 that is worse than the original. I still have the original and plan to send the replacement back. And I think I want to try another replacement.

Will Google ship out another replacement before getting the first replacement back?

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Question for people that have had to return their Nexus 7 more than once. I got a replacement Nexus 7 that is worse than the original. I still have the original and plan to send the replacement back. And I think I want to try another replacement.

Will Google ship out another replacement before getting the first replacement back?

Most likely not, because they want you to send back the first one, first since you have the RMA and return adress for that one. After shipping that to Google, you can request another replacement for the replacement, and probably use the first replacement till the second one comes, you know what i mean? Confusing, I know. I'm not 100% sure, so the best option for you would be to call a Google rep. and ask them whay your options are and so forth.

Mike77

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Don't take this wrong, but I hope all you people requesting replacement tablets (rightfully so) are put behind those of us that have not received our first unit yet.

Sorry to say, but you are wrong. People who were ahead of you ordering deserve a product without defects. Google is making them a priority, and rightfully so.

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
After a couple days of use, my power button seems odd. It's hard to tell if its really stiff or if its sticking. After not using it for a couple hours, the power button almost sticks. It's odd. I might call and get another replacement today.

alkthree87

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
My defective unit arrived at the facility in Texas on Friday. I figured I wouldn't hear anything about my new one's shipping until Monday, but so far, nothing. Hopefully I get a shipping email today.

Dezolis

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Getting a replacement seems like a crap shoot right now. I got mine Friday, and it has the same screen unresponsiveness as my original. Neither Google or Asus have admitted any issues with the devices so it might be a while before they make any modifications to the production. I might just return this one for good and wait to see what the IPad mini is about.

Derek712

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Thank you please tell.me how it goes. My nexus 7 is getting worse and worse and google was no avail for me :(. I would really appreciate what you'll do

I got the order taken care of. They sent me another link and it was fine. Took me an 30 minutes on the phone...

Good luck!

Reactions: lochmox

lochmox

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I got the order taken care of. They sent me another link and it was fine. Took me an 30 minutes on the phone...

Good luck!

I just called google and they generated new link for me! Thanks for helping me out here!

surprisingly google got my call less than a minute and the lady was very helpful.

They'll sending my replacement now so i hope i can get it and send my defective one right

away. Too bad it'll take me at least an hour to reach nearest UPS, and i live in NYC lol.

fguills

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Getting a replacement seems like a crap shoot right now. I got mine Friday, and it has the same screen unresponsiveness as my original. Neither Google or Asus have admitted any issues with the devices so it might be a while before they make any modifications to the production. I might just return this one for good and wait to see what the IPad mini is about.

Maybe its not the unit , it could be you!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

credo

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a replacement Saturday night. N7 16GB. UPS notified me today of delivery tomorrow (Tuesday). The request was made through the customer support link on the Play Store. I was also emailed a return UPS label for the defect.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

HardFire

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Ordered a replacement (screen separation) the 24th and it shipped the 26th and arrived the 27th.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReaperAU