Gingerbread for the Optimus V

beachcats

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I have been given several slightly different answers from VM when I asked if the V would be upgraded to GB. In each case, they say it will happen. Yet, I have seen no mention on the forum of anyone talking about their having received GB. Has anyone been upgraded to GB on the V? does anyone think they have information regarding when/if VM will issue the upgrade to GB? Thanks.

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
There have been no official announcements of the OV getting official gingerbread although there has been talk of it for a while so who knows if or when it'll get it. For now the only way to get gingerbread is to root and flash one of the gingerbread based custom roms

beachcats

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
There have been no official announcements of the OV getting official gingerbread although there has been talk of it for a while so who knows if or when it'll get it. For now the only way to get gingerbread is to root and flash one of the gingerbread based custom roms

beachcats

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. It's seemed a little odd that every time I ask (actually first time it was volunteered back in the fall of last year) they have a positive answer it will be coming out. Last fall I was told it would be out in December. Recently, end of April. I hope they really do it although, I guess there is not much incentive for them to do so.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. It's seemed a little odd that every time I ask (actually first time it was volunteered back in the fall of last year) they have a positive answer it will be coming out. Last fall I was told it would be out in December. Recently, end of April. I hope they really do it although, I guess there is not much incentive for them to do so.

Sprint reps on facebook that handle customer support issues regarding virgin mobile usa have stated that the optimus v will not see an update. they tell it to anyone asking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kitezpro