GMail Time

jrmarinojr

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
For some reason all of my emails are coming in time stamped 4 hours ahead. For example an email received 6 pm my time will show 10 pm. Time on my tablet is correct and most senders live in my time zone. :mad:

timberga

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue, your time zone is incorrect. It's shipped this way from the factory. The clock set's itself to the right time because you set it when you setup your tab. The time zone is incorrect. Correct the time zone, then correct the clock, and you will be all better.

Promise! :)

jrmarinojr

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue, your time zone is incorrect. It's shipped this way from the factory. The clock set's itself to the right time because you set it when you setup your tab. The time zone is incorrect. Correct the time zone, then correct the clock, and you will be all better.

Okay thanks - will check when I get home.

osc006

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

I'm having the same problem. My Gmail and exchange times are one hour off. I verify my timezone in system settings and its correct. Any change to that seems to only change system clock.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

jrmarinojr

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

Time is now correct in the calendar however gmail is still 4 hours ahead. When you say correct the time zone, do you mean in general settings or in gmail? If I put my correct time zone in general settings my clock on the bottom right puts me 4 hours behind. What the hell is going on here?

timberga

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Time is now correct in the calendar however gmail is still 4 hours ahead. When you say correct the time zone, do you mean in general settings or in gmail? If I put my correct time zone in general settings my clock on the bottom right puts me 4 hours behind. What the hell is going on here?

Change your time zone to the correct one for your location.....the time in the bottom right will be wrong.....then change the time to be the correct time. Thats it.

jrmarinojr

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Fixed. Didn't even realize it allowed you to change the actual clock other than changing the time zone. That option in the settings completely missed my eyes. You would think this thing would be a little more automated!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomasgabel