GO Launcher - Opinions?

Mike77

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I'm not ready to root yet. Anyone using the GO Launcher? Opinions?
I have been using it for months. very customizable, updated often, icon resizing, all free. It had some crashes early on but for awile now it has been real stable.

Edit I should specify that I have not had a crash in awhile. There seems to be at least an update a week for go launcher and I believe they have corrected it but you never know how it will mix with your phone. Righjt now for me it is stable.

Last edited:

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I'm not ready to root yet. Anyone using the GO Launcher? Opinions?

I started with Touchwiz, then Launcher Pro Plus, then SPB Shell 3D, then ADW, then Go Launcher...and now I'm back to Launcher Pro Plus. For me, Go Launcher crashed frequently. I liked the LPP widgets better anyway. Cosmetically, Go Launcher is nice...so are the widget options.

It seemed to crash independent of SRF version (1.1.1 v 1.2) and kernels (TW 1.1.1, Vision, Genocide).

Just got much more stability out of LPP....

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I liked using Go on my old Intercept. Made the slow dog feel like it was somewhat responsive. I personally like Touchwiz. The best part about trying a launcher, is that you can always uninstall it, and be right back at your origional stock settings, than load up another one to see how you like it, and keep trying launchers until you find the one that works best for you.

I'm not ready to root yet.
You also DON'T need to root to use other launchers. Just install like any other app :)

The Harrington

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Up until about two weeks ago I was using ADW Launcher EX but decided to give the GO launcher a try and I really like. Allows me to do some things the ADW launcher did not do like create separate folders for groups of Apps. Also, ADW seems to be updated very infrequently while the GO launcher (and all GO apps) are always being improved. Just my $.02.

willenium_1217

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Go Launcher is quite possibly the most important thing I have on my phone. I am coming from the Fascinate and it works beautifully. I cannot stress how much better it is than Launcherpro and ADW. Those have costs and GO Launcher is free!

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I think it's a great app. Working well on my Epic. Plenty of customizations and lots of themes available (free and paid).

skyward

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I've used all 3. Go is by far the most customizable, but I have had problems with the custom app icons that I use. For some reason every once in awhile they will all switch back to the default app icon? I pretty much use ADW exclusively now.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

JrrInTN

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Go Launcher for quite awhile, but after the last couple updates I've started having lots of trouble with the dock disappearing, layouts messing up when switching to landscape mode, FC, etc. The primary reason I liked it over LPP was because of its folder capabilities. I've now found the app FolderOrganizer to be MUCH better at folders though, so I'm now using that along with LPP. I've only switched back to LPP for about a day now, but so far it seems much smoother than Go -- at least from those recent Go update issues.

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Go Launcher for quite awhile, but after the last couple updates I've started having lots of trouble with the dock disappearing, layouts messing up when switching to landscape mode, FC, etc. The primary reason I liked it over LPP was because of its folder capabilities. I've now found the app FolderOrganizer to be MUCH better at folders though, so I'm now using that along with LPP. I've only switched back to LPP for about a day now, but so far it seems much smoother than Go -- at least from those recent Go update issues.

It's my launcher of choice. I use to use LauncherPro, but one day it started always force closing and freezing when I would turn on my phone. I'm sure if I uninstalled and re-installed the problem would have gone away, but I tried GO and it has worked flawlessly. I like its calendar and memory management widget too.

coachpelkey

Man of La Mancha
Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
LPP was crashing alot on my optimus S from Sprint, so i tried go launcher, it has taken me a bit to get used to it, but I enjoy it to be honest. The widgets are nice...

Just trying to get the most out of my phone I guess.

mr.holtz

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
i've been using adw and go launcher and decided to go with gl. i just cant figure out how to stop my phone and the go launcher messaging app to from notifying me when i get texts! it's probably a easy fix, does anyone know?

jrz5024

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Go Launcher and LPP are very similar, and are both very good options. Anybody who says one is WAY BETTER than the other should be disregarded because they function very similarly. I happen to prefer LPP because I feel it's a bit more polished and stable, a bit faster, and I like the theming options it offers.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I like LPP. It has everything I want. I tried golauncher for about a week and it was interesting but went back to LPP it just worked better for me.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

bigrawr

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
i've been using adw and go launcher and decided to go with gl. i just cant figure out how to stop my phone and the go launcher messaging app to from notifying me when i get texts! it's probably a easy fix, does anyone know?

I'm sure by now you have figured this out, but you should be able to go into the stock messaging app and turn off notifications there; then only GL will give you notifications.

To the OP, I've used GL and most of Go's accompanying widgets for months now. I like that it is user friendly and extremely customizable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnsd84