Question Will I be dazzled?

GeoGoGo

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone!

So I am finally going to upgrade my Note 20 Ultra 5G. Am I going to be dazzled by the S24 Ultra? Thank you for the thoughts, suggestions, input, and opinions!

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Hi Everyone!

So I am finally going to upgrade my Note 20 Ultra 5G. Am I going to be dazzled by the S24 Ultra? Thank you for the thoughts, suggestions, input, and opinions!
That depends on what dazzles you. Newer more efficient processor. Upgraded (significantly from the Note 20) cameras. S pen latency is about as near zero as you can get. Seven years of OS updates. Flat display. Better integration with both Google and Microsoft. Advanced Intelligence (AI) features. The fact that it comes in Titanium Blue...

I will warn you. If you have 32bit apps, they won't work on the S24 Ultra.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Aww I remember my N20U very fondly. That was a great device and served me well. The S24U will easily make you forget your N20U so don't worry.

Reactions: GeoGoGo

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I understand the great $$$$$$$$ you can get from a relatively new phone being traded in....they "refurbish" it and sell it at a profit! I do wonder though what they do with "older" tech that can only run 32 BIT apps, and nobody I know would even come close to paying what the OEM's are giving for them? Are they selling them to 3rd world countries at a loss? I doubt that! Maybe they are stripping them down and using the parts for something else? Maybe they are melting down the rare metals and selling them? Makes me wonder!

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I understand the great $$$$$$$$ you can get from a relatively new phone being traded in....they "refurbish" it and sell it at a profit! I do wonder though what they do with "older" tech that can no longer run 32 BIT apps, and nobody I know would even come close to paying what the OEM's are giving for them? Are they selling them to 3rd world countries at a loss? I doubt that! Maybe they are stripping them down and using the parts for something else? Maybe they are melting down the rare metals and selling them? Makes me wonder!
That's exactly what they do. Look up phone shredders on youtube... very similar to a wood chipper, except phones go in and recyclable material comes out.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
I understand the great $$$$$$$$ you can get from a relatively new phone being traded in....they "refurbish" it and sell it at a profit! I do wonder though what they do with "older" tech that can only run 32 BIT apps, and nobody I know would even come close to paying what the OEM's are giving for them? Are they selling them to 3rd world countries at a loss? I doubt that! Maybe they are stripping them down and using the parts for something else? Maybe they are melting down the rare metals and selling them? Makes me wonder!
Many get donated. Even an old phone can still call 911; and they can still make phone calls and text. Pretty much any phone made in the past five to six years will still operate on current networks. Our 5G networks are backwards compatible with 4G/LTE devices. It will be several more years before those phones will not be able to connect to a network.

For the devices that don't work, yes. they tear them apart and recycle what they can. I said in another thread, all metals are 100% recyclable. Most glass is recyclable; silicon is recyclable. It is plastics that are challenging. Some types of plastics are much harder to recycle. Technically, anything manmade can be recycled. It is a matter of how easily it can be recycled.

I've been going through my old stuff and taking it to Best Buy and dropping it off in their recycle bins.