Good lock not working

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Since Android 10 update Good Lock states the plugins are unplugged and the error message says "We're preparing update" when you select an app from GOOD Lock Menu
Anyone else getting the same?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah this been recently talked about in the Forums , when a major Android gets pushed out it breaks it we have to wait until they update good lock .

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Good Lock has always gotten broken after major upgrades. It took several months before Samsung got it updated to Android 9. So nothing new here unfortunately.
I know, Samsung should be updating both at the same time. I would say Samsung should make good lock part of the OS, but then I fear they would make it work only on Samsung native apps.

Wouldn't surprise me if S 11 releases before good lock is updated.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Sorry man, I disagree... delay an OS release because a app for a phone isn't ready? The app doesn't have any thing to do with the OS. Just my opinion..
Except this app, which should be part of the Samsung UI in reality as long as Samsung wouldn't limit it to native Samsung apps.

This OS update wasn't so crucial that it had to be rushed out, just the few on the forums that get so excited over the releases that can't wait. For the majority users, they don't even know the OS is being updated or even care it's being updated and would rather have Samsung update the Samsung apps for release also. In reality, the OS has been out for a bit since it was released on the pixle phones awhile ago. There's really no reason the developers and Samsung don't have most apps updated by the time Samsung releases the OS update, I'm assuming this is why I've been having to update apps a lot lately. Let's face it, Samsung dropped the ball again, we are used to it by now, should be expected.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
That would require delaying the OS release. They need the final build of the OS to test and debug Goodlock.
A software company should be able to do both at the same time. Samsung just don't care that much about Good Lock. It's an experimental app with probably less than 1% of Samsung users that know it exists. So they get to it when they get to it. It's not a priority.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
A software company should be able to do both at the same time. Samsung just don't care that much about Good Lock. It's an experimental app with probably less than 1% of Samsung users that know it exists. So they get to it when they get to it. It's not a priority.
The only thing that is a priority with Samsung is charging your credit card for a phone, nothing else is.

You are correct though, I was thinking that on my last reply. Most people don't have a clue what good lock is either. The biggest thing I miss right now is moving the clock back to the right side where it belongs in my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene