Good riddance Infuse... and Android.

yellowv

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Well I got my Infuse about a year and a half or so ago. I switched from an I-Phone 3GS. The Android lured me in with it's big screen and tons of capability. At first i loved the Infuse. It had a lot to play with, was decently fast and the battery life was good. Skip to a couple of weeks later and the battery was dying from full charge in 5 hours. I switched to another Infuse and it was fine. It had it's normal Android glitches and freezes, but was ok for the most part. Kies never worked and syncing the thing was always a PITA. It was ok for about a year and then it would just shut off or freeze at random. Use the camera and you got a surefire freeze. On the charger it would just charge to 100% then shut off. I would try to make calls and it would never dial, etc. I was pretty much about to smash the thing. So finally my upgrade came up and I got an I-Phone 5. Does it have a montrous screen? No. Does it have a quad core processor? No. Can you get all kinds of 3rd party apps that don't work anyway? No. Does it work as it should? YES!!! No glitches, no freezes. It is faster than both of my friends GS3's and it doesn't need to be charged midway through the day. In fact i took it off the charger at 8am yesterday morning and now almost 27 hrs later it has 41% of it's battery left. Android is a good concept. Phones with TONS of power and capability that are bogged down with software and apps that just don't work. Processors so powerful they drain the battery at ridiculous rates. Goodbye Android.

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
So it didn't work out for you. Thats okay, in the event you do return one day we will still be here :D

Good luck and say hi to our friends at our sister site iMore.com

anon(123479)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Should have gotten a Galaxy Note 2. I only have to charge mine every other day. Plus it is plenty powerful. I had the infuse too as well as numerous other android phones and the Note 2 is far the best on battery by far.

yellowv

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Should be plenty powerful with a quad core processor and the thing is ridiculously large. My iPhone came off the charger at 6am yesterday and now over 36 hrs later still has 45% battery left. My iPhone is getting up to 12mbps down on 4G and up to 29mbps on wi-fi. It never hangs up, freezes, etc.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I get so annoyed when people buy a freaking INFUSE and compare it to an iPhone 5. You don't buy a mid range Android device and compare it to the newest iPhone. Of course the two won't compare. Buy a Note 2, Galaxy S3, Droid DNA, or HTC ONE X+ and compare THOSE to your boring i5. Think people.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Enjoy your iPhone.

I've got an iPhone 5 also but don't use it. Just got it to see how the new form felt.
I continue though to use my Galaxy Nexus (Nexus 4 when it arrives tomorrow) instead.
To each their own.

For me, lack of customization kills the iPhone more than any problems I've ever had with the dozen or so Android devices I've had.

If Apple allowed 3 things (without jailbreaking) I might honestly consider switching:
-Widgets
-Customizable homescreen / lockscreen / Status Bar
-Better way to add ringtones
Until then, my daily driver will continue to be Android.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Well I got my Infuse about a year and a half or so ago. I switched from an I-Phone 3GS. The Android lured me in with it's big screen and tons of capability. At first i loved the Infuse. It had a lot to play with, was decently fast and the battery life was good. Skip to a couple of weeks later and the battery was dying from full charge in 5 hours. I switched to another Infuse and it was fine. It had it's normal Android glitches and freezes, but was ok for the most part. Kies never worked and syncing the thing was always a PITA. It was ok for about a year and then it would just shut off or freeze at random. Use the camera and you got a surefire freeze. On the charger it would just charge to 100% then shut off. I would try to make calls and it would never dial, etc. I was pretty much about to smash the thing. So finally my upgrade came up and I got an I-Phone 5. Does it have a montrous screen? No. Does it have a quad core processor? No. Can you get all kinds of 3rd party apps that don't work anyway? No. Does it work as it should? YES!!! No glitches, no freezes. It is faster than both of my friends GS3's and it doesn't need to be charged midway through the day. In fact i took it off the charger at 8am yesterday morning and now almost 27 hrs later it has 41% of it's battery left. Android is a good concept. Phones with TONS of power and capability that are bogged down with software and apps that just don't work. Processors so powerful they drain the battery at ridiculous rates. Goodbye Android.

Well, that is nice. Sounds like you either didn't know what you were doing (3rd party apps don't work???? and what were you trying to sync anyway?) or got a bad example. Regarding a new iPhone 5 compared to your infuse, I am sure my new android is going to be nicer than my almost 2 year old infuse (which doesn't have a quad core, by the way or a monsterous screen by today's standards). I am jumping ship too but going to the new HTC ONE, which blows away iPhone 5 in all ways. While the iPhone 5 does have a slightly larger screen than previous iterations, it still is way too small. I also don't like the form factor itself, in fact I think it is hidieous. At least the 4/4s seemed well designed and pleasing to look at although I didn't like the overly square feel and overly heavy feel in the hand. The 5 just seems like a botched effort to catch up in screen size and actually feels a bit too light.

In any case, you will now be stuck with iOS, which makes me sad for you. But to each their own.

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I just moved to the SGS III about a week and a half ago. Previously used the Infuse 4G. Still use the Infuse as a media player it works quite well and the battery lasts much longer I presume because of there being no cell service on it. My S III battery lasts up to 26 hours at a time, it is fast, and far superior to even the IPhone, which my wife owns. Everybody has there own preferences so let's just all get along. :)

Sent from my super smooth Galaxy S III running Awesome Avatar ROM.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site

Have fun with the iLife. Believe it or not, people have problems with iPhones too. Nothing is perfect. I like android, other people like iOS. Have a nice day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali