Google account signing error after the wipe/factory reset, what to do?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So I've seen a fair bit of these on the forums and Google, without any answers. My old Blueberry Priv was used by me, and my Google account when I bought it. And I've had many phones since, and my sister borrowed this when she was in the UK to have two numbers. And she gave it back a few months back, and I decided to make use of it at home just on Wifi. But I'm unable to get into it. I called her when the phone asked for a code, and neither of us knew what it was. As there is no SIM inside it it wasn't PIN, and only three attempts locked the phone and did a factory reset. Now, I expected to get into the clean phone, she didn't need anything on there anyway, so a reset was in order.

But now I can't log into my Google account, it provides me with an unknown error, and telling me to try again in 24 hours, which I did, and still nothing. I will have my sister try hers. But if the same thing happens there, I don't know how to unlock this. Do I need to like, re-flash the OS image or something?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's probably expecting her Google account -- have you tried that? You'll need her to tell you her password, and if she has 2-factor authentication on, she'll need to give you the authentication token as well.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej