Google App update broke Assistant?

swampbaby

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Since installing the latest November update for the Google app it seems as if the update broke the Google Assistant. I'll go to Settings>Google>Search, Assistant &Voice>Voice >Voice Match...the toggle for "Access with Voice Match" is enabled. I'll say "Ok Google" and the Assistant come on as it should. However upon closing Assistant the same toggle is now turned off. I've restarted the device, I've uninstalled the update and nothing seees to work. I signed up for the Google app beta tester program and thought that maybe the beta version of the app was buggy, so I left the beta program and the issue was still there. Hell I even went as far as factory resetting my phone! I've gone into the Google app settings and cleared the cache as well as all data, to no avail. I'm a paid member of Google One and I contacted their support they were at a loss. If I uninstall the update I am unable to use my $80 Pixel stand for anything other than wireless charging as it prompts me to install the latest update. I cant use Google Lense in the camera app because it needs the latest update as well. The best "solution Google support told me to do was to uninstall the update and send feedback. Seriously? I'm at a loss as to what to do. Please tell me I'm not the only one who's experiencing this?!

Pungh0Li0

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Since installing the latest November update for the Google app it seems as if the update broke the Google Assistant.
... Please tell me I'm not the only one who's experiencing this?!

Yes it is broken. Both my wife's and my Pixel 3 quit working. She chatted with support and had us uninstall "Google" updates and delete data. So it sound like they know. Hopefully will fix soon.

Joe