Google Calendar Sync Windows to Phone

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

It's been about 4 years since I had an Android phone (back from the dark side) and I am getting our shared calendar setup.

My Windows Google calendar to my wife's Windows Google calendar is fine, syncs within 20-30 seconds. Seems like the sync to her Note5 and my S6 is so slow that to be sure we are getting the calendar updates we have to go in and manually sync the Google account on each phone. This process takes a good 5 mins and is not ideal to be doing it all day long to ensure we have the latest events.

Is there something I can check/change to get the sync to happen a bit more automatically/frequently on the phones?

Thanks in advance
Rick

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back! What do you mean by a Windows Google calendar? Do you mean the basic Calendar program that comes with Windows? Are do you mean your Google Calendar that you access on the Google Calendar website on your browser?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, and are you talking about sharing your personal Google Calendar to your wife's Google Calendar? If you've already shared it with her, then on her Calendar app, check in its settings to make sure your calendar is set to both Sync and to Display.

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Not exactly sure what you are trying to do, but I use Companion Link to keep my Outlook and Google calendars in synch. Works great.

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, thanks for keeping this going

My shared google calendar is working fine with me and my wife on our PC using the browser. The issue seems with be with the length of time it takes for the changes to show up on our Note5/S6 phones. Is there a way to shorten the sync delay? I am trying to avoid going in and manually syncing to see the recent changes

Thanks again
Rick

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The issue seems with be with the length of time it takes for the changes to show up on our Note5/S6 phones. Is there a way to shorten the sync delay? I am trying to avoid going in and manually syncing to see the recent changes

Did you already check your Calendar app settings to make sure those particular shared calendars are set to Sync? On most calendar apps, you can usually select which specific calendars to sync on the phone and which ones to stay unsynced.

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey Diddy,

Yes, it is set to sync.

Do you know what the sync frequency is and is there a way to shorten the lag time between syncs w/o forcing a sync manually?

Rick

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The actual Google Calendar app from Google should sync immediately. I'm not sure if the Samsung Calendar app works differently, though.

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone for helping out.

We are currently using the Google Calendar in the S5/Note5 and seem to like it a lot.

Enjoy and Happy New Year
Rick

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Auto sync was enabled, maybe we weren't be patient enough from the start

With Google Calendar installed on the S6/Note5 it's almost instant now

Thanks a ton
Rick

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads