Google Delaying Update(March 2022) ... Again

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm running the 12L beta now, and it actually seems more stable than the "stable" software lol.

Haven't had any new bugs, and a couple I had since launch have been fixed. It's weird.
I forget about the 12L beta lol..Glad to hear its running smoothly

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
They've taken on a massive bug list! Let's hope they can pull it off.
They even added a feature to access the calendar from the at a glance widget, there's a nice bonus.
Cool, I've been waiting for that, used to use it a lot on previous phones.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I know 2 people who didn't buy a pixel 6 based on my recommendation. It just isn't a device I can recommend in good conscience.

I agree. With my experience and all the issues I've had, then reading all these other issues Pixel 6/Pro users have had, I wouldn't recommend it either. Just far too many bugs - really big ones like reception issues, wifi not connecting etc. And I'm really surprised at Google's slow response to these fixes as well.

They've taken on a massive bug list! Let's hope they can pull it off.
They even added a feature to access the calendar from the at a glance widget, there's a nice bonus.

Wasn't that possible in Android 11 and then it got removed in Android 12? Or am I mistaken?

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
This thread is already off topic, so why not continue that trend. I said it elsewhere and I'll say it again here: no issues at all with my P6. I recommended it to a friend and they think it's the best phone they have ever owned.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I agree. With my experience and all the issues I've had, then reading all these other issues Pixel 6/Pro users have had, I wouldn't recommend it either. Just far too many bugs - really big ones like reception issues, wifi not connecting etc. And I'm really surprised at Google's slow response to these fixes as well.

Wasn't that possible in Android 11 and then it got removed in Android 12? Or am I mistaken?

Can't speak for the 6, but the 4XL I have that is how I access the calendar. Did they remove it from the 6 but leave it on other pixel models?

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Can't speak for the 6, but the 4XL I have that is how I access the calendar. Did they remove it from the 6 but leave it on other pixel models?

I'm not sure what the info in the update about tapping the at a glance widget to get the calendar is since I can do that now on my P6P and have been able to since day 1 back in November. Totally stock.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I'm not sure what the info in the update about tapping the at a glance widget to get the calendar is since I can do that now on my P6P and have been able to since day 1 back in November. Totally stock.
For many of us, tapping the date opens weather and not the calendar. So it will be a welcome fix.

edubfromktown

Sep 18, 2020
Visit site
Yeh- latest deceive is about right lol

No worries if updates are delayed so long as when finally available they don't make phone bricks or even more bugs in the process

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
gives the vibe that Google may be struggling with an in house chip?

giphy.gif

merlin29

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Pixel 6 continuing software
Problems delayed updates and cellular connection problem , fingerprint sensor
Not the best, time to buy Samsung or I phone,
Pixel phones may have up to five years of updates but it won't be a smooth experience
next update more problems.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Pixel 6 continuing software
Problems delayed updates and cellular connection problem , fingerprint sensor
Not the best, time to buy Samsung or I phone,
Pixel phones may have up to five years of updates but it won't be a smooth experience
next update more problems.

Pixel's have 3 year OS updates and 5 year security updates Samsung have now committed to 4 years of OS updates and 5 years of security updates.

No idea why Samsung can provide more/better support than Google can but here we are.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Pixel's have 3 year OS updates and 5 year security updates Samsung have now committed to 4 years of OS updates and 5 years of security updates.

No idea why Samsung can provide more/better support than Google can but here we are.
See the post in the other thread explaining why it's not necessarily "more" or "better". Samsung is not the golden egg

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I contacted a friend of mine who is a physicist, and they were able to confirm that 4 is indeed more than 3.
Where that is true lol, I'm not sure how many people actually hold on to their phones for that long. I know I do not, but then I am on the other end of the spectrum.

ncapp11

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
For many of us, tapping the date opens weather and not the calendar. So it will be a welcome fix.

For me, if the weather option in at a glance is not selected, then tapping goes to the calendar. Otherwise it goes to the weather app. Hopefully the fix will allow both depending on where you press as I do use the weather functionality.