Google image search

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I've just upgraded to s22ultra (dropped my s21u and broke screen 🙄). I can't seem to get Google image search to work (as in, holding on an image until pop up menu appears with "search Google for this image"). I use this feature a lot.
I read online that Google removed it a while ago but my old s21 still has it and all app and firmware is up to date on that device. Same on my 6 month old Samsung tablet Am I missing something on s22 or is it gone?

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Isn't that an app called "lens" Not sure about it being part of Samsung photos but it appears on bottom row of google photos app.

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for quick responses. I was referring when you see an image in chrome and pressed and held on it. Do I need to download first then Google lens?

Any ideas why the old way still works on my s21 and tablet and not the s22?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When I long-press an image in Chrome on my Pixel 7 Pro, I see an option to "Search image with Google Lens (New)". So I'm guessing they replaced the old option with this.

Do all of your devices have the same Google Play system update (in the Biometrics and Security menu)? If not, that might explain why the older devices still have the old option.

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
When I long-press an image in Chrome on my Pixel 7 Pro, I see an option to "Search image with Google Lens (New)". So I'm guessing they replaced the old option with this.

Do all of your devices have the same Google Play system update (in the Biometrics and Security menu)? If not, that might explain why the older devices still have the old option.

Thanks for that. I'll check that out and report back if I find anything.

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
So I noticed the play store updating on my old s21 today. Chrome also updated and I now see "search image with Google lens". But I still not sure why I am not getting that option on the s22. Is there a setting somewhere I need to turn on? I've got Google lens installed.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Go to chrome://flags/ in your browser and then search for the word lens. Change this one "Google Lens powered image search in the context menu." To enabled. Then there will be a pop-up saying restart browser, click that and you should be good to go

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Actually I lied lol. It's set to default already. You need to go to chrome settings and change your search engine to Google I bet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dndman