Google Nexus 4 First Impressions/Reviews

DragonXmaster

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Maybe if you have nothing really running such as email and things that push notifications.

On days when mine doesn't get used much, it can go just under two days.

Glad to hear that

Like the last people in the world using nexus one, even with more than 3 years of life it still pushing almost 2 days in stby, incredible, the screens has a lot of cracks but fully operable! i hope nexus 4 can make me happy as his older brother that im writhing now ;)

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Bigger screen and more power hungry apps, I doubt it. Just get a car charger cord or an energizer portable phone charger and you will be alright.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Maybe if you have nothing really running such as email and things that push notifications.

On days when mine doesn't get used much, it can go just under two days.
Ditto. My experience is the same. One thing I can say about the Nexus battery...it holds a charge very very well. If you are not using it heavily it will last a very long time.

OhioG

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Ive been mostly on WiFi and my results show. I had 4 hours of SoT and 1 day 14 hours of battery.

I have poor data coverage so it jumps between 3g and HSPA but even then i get good battery.

Overall the phone is sooo smooth and sexy. Like the screen is great. I can see where they whites arent as good as the HTC one but i dont care right now.

I just cant get over how good it looks.

dougxd45

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Picked up an HTC One a couple weeks ago. Haven't used a Nexus device in years. Decided to grab Nexus 4 and holy crap..... Man, have I missed being on a Nexus device. Unlocked, rooted and ROM'd it with paranoid. Nice to be back home. :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I really like my new N4. I find the speaker a lot louder than my Google nexus and it's a lot faster, especially loading up web pages using both the Wi-Fi and the network.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

wazeem km

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Need to know about the battery life count of nexus 4 . its having an in-built battery and i am not sure how long it will last. How many cycle counts it has and after reaching that cycle what will happen to this phone.???

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Need to know about the battery life count of nexus 4 . its having an in-built battery and i am not sure how long it will last. How many cycle counts it has and after reaching that cycle what will happen to this phone.???

I'm sure it will last awhile. I have also seen videos on how to replace the battery if need be.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
It will probably not cut out...it will just degrade over time. Most batteries last about a year or 18 months...after a year you will still have about 80% capacity IMO.

You can buy the batteries on eBay and replacing them is involved, but not difficult. There are detailed videos online showing you how to do it.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
It's probably the third best BUILT/FEEL behind hTc One and Apple iPhone 5. This is the first time I upgraded backwards and I'm surprised how much I love it. Too bad I ignored it because it's LG. It's one of those brands that I said I will never buy.

I have the HTC One and sold the Samsung Galaxy S4 for this.

SHIFT_nexus 4 tapatalk 2

KJDUNPHY

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Had it for about 2 weeks now and like alot of other people im in love! Love how fast this device is! Probably the most important thing for me.. As soon as i start to lag on a phone i get EXTREMELY annoyed.. And i definitely dont get annoyed at my Nexus 4 :)! Love stock android.. It could usee a coupleee feature additions but im sure theyll come in the future eventually! Build quality I love, design I love, speed I love.. Really only have minor os issues like i said.. Which can all be fixed by downloading apps.. But i wish certain things were standard.. But no biggie if it can at least be solved.. And all for $299.99 for a 16GB model. Easily the best value for a new phone on the market! Came from an iPhone 5.. And after seeing iOS7 im SO glad i made the jump!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

davidhm

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I've had the N4 for about a week. Pimped it out with a carbon fiber skin, screen guard and a dictronic (sp) case. The phone is terrific. Great battery,great sound and very speedy. I've Read mostly negative reviews and complaints. It is, in my hard of hearing opinion,a great device. This camera is terrific, does what it should, impromptu image capture. I am writing this on my 2012 N7 also with the latest version. All great. So, man up people, and enjoy.
David
PS. Not rooted and proudly so. Never understood the marginal value of rooting vs the risk of a bricking

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

rocs3n

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Really love this phone but one gripe I have is the location of the earpiece speaker. It's right on the top edge of the phone which means I have to hold the phone quite low on my ear and this tends to become really uncomfortable after a while.