Google Nexus 6 Nova Launcher with Nova?

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious how many of you use Nova Launcher (or some other launcher) with a Nexus device? I have been using Nova Prime on my generic Android tablet and really like the feature it offers. Anyone else like it for Nexus phones? Or do you feel it clutters the phone or somehow detracts from the pure Android experience? I think when/if I get the Nexus 6 I will definitely use it for a while without a launcher so I'll have a basis for comparison and have an opportunity to see what it offers on its own. But I think there's a good likelihood I will end up using Nova Launcher.

What do you all think?

cjtraas

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Nova Launcher with Nova?

I use it (on my GNex, no less). I really like it because it can be so uncluttered if you want it to. I have it set up to be very minimal and basic. Best thing is... you can try it out and if you don't like it you can just go back to whatever.

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site

That's what I like ---- the simplicity. Nothing on my home screen I don't want (and I don't want much there).

anon154738

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

I'll be putting Nova on top of the Google launcher. Too many customizations not to use it. I love Nova launcher too much.

Posted via Android Central App

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I have been using a launcher going back to Launcher Pro then moved to Nova after the dev ditched the app.

I will usually use the stock launcher whenever I get a new phone hoping for one less app I have to install but I always go back to Nova.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

I am using it now for my Moto X because it have that slide up animation to mimic Android L, once Android L is out I'll probably go back to Google Now Launcher. It is the default launcher that I install to everyone's Android device that doesn't use stock Android, and switch the icon themes to KitKat.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

Although the one thing Nova Launcher lacks right now is swipe left to open Google Now. The Trebuchet launcher for CM11 actually can do that.

nupicasso

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

I use Nova Launcher on all my nexus devices and non-nexus. The added featured are just too good to not use. I even use it on my Nexus 7 with lollipop 5.0.

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site

For all you Nova users, I have a follow-up question. I've been using it with my tablet, and love it. Between Nova and Swapps, I have a very simple setup which is easy for me to use. One thing I struggle with, though, was deciding what size grid to use. Is there some sort of formula to use? If so, what grid size would you use for the Nexus 6? If not, do you just do what I did with the tablet---take an educated guess, then play around with it and adjust as necessary?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

For all you Nova users, I have a follow-up question. I've been using it with my tablet, and love it. Between Nova and Swapps, I have a very simple setup which is easy for me to use. One thing I struggle with, though, was deciding what size grid to use. Is there some sort of formula to use? If so, what grid size would you use for the Nexus 6? If not, do you just do what I did with the tablet---take an educated guess, then play around with it and adjust as necessary?

default.

korguror

May 29, 2011
Visit site

I use 6x5 on my nexus 5. I'm sure I'll increase it on the nexus 6 though. No formula for me. Just play with it until it looks good to me.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't want my home screen to have a permanent Google bar taking up space. I like a 6x6 icon grid. I change wallpaper frequently with my own photos.
And I want a dense app drawer so I can see more on a page.
Nova Launcher Prime lets me set things up exactly the way I want.

Attachments

• 1417925407728.jpg
    1417925407728.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 1417925664341.jpg
    1417925664341.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 115

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I use Nova Prime, with the default grid setup... But after seeing the examples above, that's going to change real soon. :)

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site

Although the one thing Nova Launcher lacks right now is swipe left to open Google Now. The Trebuchet launcher for CM11 actually can do that.

You can set a gesture in Nova to do the same thing. For example, I it set that anytime I swipe up in the screen, Google Now launches.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trexgameaz