Google Nexus 6 on Sprint

slik6996

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: SPRINT - Google Nexus 6 release: November 14th!!!

Sick of waiting now T-Mobile has a week delay. Can i buy full price from sprint friday and throw my T-Mobile sim in it? Will itwork?

ejordan

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: SPRINT - Google Nexus 6 release: November 14th!!!

Sorry, last question now. I decided I want to try going through Motorola tomorrow if the model I'm looking for comes up. I just finished talking to a Sprint representative on their website and asked him if I would run into any trouble activating the phone if it came straight from Motorola, and he told me "Once you have the phone , you can chat with us and provide its ESN , we can check if the phone is clear", but I can only find that out after I've bought the phone.

Would anybody guess that I might have to worry about the ESN not coming back okay, he didn't seem to make any sort of impression that it should be fine, but more that it would be up in the air, so that's mostly what's worrying me.

richardrk

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sprint Nexus 6 - Available November 14

It doesn't say yet...but I would assume $199 since that is usually their price point for premium devices (with exceptions like $299 for the Note 4).

I work as a Sprint Tech And I wouldn't be surprised if they don't let you buy this device and more devices in the future on a 2 year contract. They are going away from that business model.

Posted via the Android Central App

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

I work as a Sprint Tech And I wouldn't be surprised if they don't let you buy this device and more devices in the future on a 2 year contract. They are going away from that business model.

Easy Pay is not a deal by any means. I certainly hope they don't move to that completely. I would definitely have to evaluate my options if so.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Yeah the Sprint CEO said they were exploring doing away with contracts some time in 2015..... Be interesting how the plans change.... AGAIN if they do away with contracts completely....

Would be nice if Sprint could find a program and actually stick with it for more than six months....

hmmm

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

I'd probably switch carriers then. Why would I ever remain on my current plan if I am not getting a subsidized phone? If I am going to have to go through the trouble of switching plans I may as well go with the cheapest carrier. Since I am in a large metro area any carrier will work which means T-Mobile would be who I switch to. Seems strange Sprint would risk that with all of their current customers. Usually they want to lock you in a month or two before your contract expires.

bojackr1

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Taken with a grain of salt...

Customer:
Customer Name: Bo Jackson
EMAIL: bojackr1@gmail.com
Phone Number:
Chat Type: Device / Network
Chat Reason: Will the Nexus 6 be available in stores on 11/14?
Passcode: xxxxxx

Olive B.: Yes, Damon. It will be available in Sprint store since that is the launch date of the device.

Customer: thank you very much

Olive B.: You are welcome.

Customer: and will there be both 32GB and 64GB available that day as well??

Olive B.: That is correct.

Customer: thank you Olive, and have a nice day!!

Olive B.: You too!

Olive B.: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Customer: No thank you

Olive B.: Thank you for choosing Sprint - we appreciate your business!

ejordan

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site

Decided to ask Sprint about the availability just now myself, and got this response

You: And yeah, I just wanted to see if the 64gb Nexus 6 will be in store along with the 32gb this Friday
Nichole G.: I'll be glad to help you.
Nichole G.: Upon checking the information, I see here that our Sprint Stores should start to receive their Nexus 6 inventory the week of 11/17.
You: Are you sure? The article on your sprint newsroom page says "Nexus 6 will be available beginning Friday, Nov. 14, in Sprint direct ship sales channels, including Sprint Stores, Sprint Business Sales, Web Sales and Telesales at 1-800-SPRINT1"
Nichole G.: Yes, that's correct but that process is through online or over the phone.
You: So you would go through a Sprint store to order it online?
You: The first place it mentions after it says "including" is Sprint Stores so I wasn't sure
Nichole G.: Yes, that's correct.

I'd be curious to see what other people heard from checking themselves. If what she said is the case at least that's not too long of a delay (like the Motorola December 9th date)

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
My inside man at my Sprint store, who is also the store manager, said he ordered me a N6 and should be in and available to me on Friday.
I will keep everyone up to date.
**Fingers crossed**

Mav. :cool:

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
My inside man at my Sprint store, who is also the store manager, said he ordered me a N6 and should be in and available to me on Friday.
I will keep everyone up to date.
**Fingers crossed**

Mav. :cool:
Awesome! Look forward to what you think when you get it. Mine should be here next Wednesday.

Instrumentals

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Alright so I called the corporate store near me today and the guy I spoke with had to talk to his manager and then he said that he wasn't sure if they were going to be available tomorrow but if they are I can pick it up and worst case scenario id have to wait 3-5 business days for it to come.

ill have to call back tomorrow morning and see what they say so I can pick one up after work

bojackr1

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Alright so I called the corporate store near me today and the guy I spoke with had to talk to his manager and then he said that he wasn't sure if they were going to be available tomorrow but if they are I can pick it up and worst case scenario id have to wait 3-5 business days for it to come.

ill have to call back tomorrow morning and see what they say so I can pick one up after work

I've called a few corporate stores myself and was given the same info. The most knowledgeable/reliable store told me that it won't be available in store tomorrow but I would be able to order it online or reserve it in-store.They also said that they would be getting them in-store on 11/17 and I could just wait and pick it up then.

fredwardnelson

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I've called a few corporate stores myself and was given the same info. The most knowledgeable/reliable store told me that it won't be available in store tomorrow but I would be able to order it online or reserve it in-store.They also said that they would be getting them in-store on 11/17 and I could just wait and pick it up then.

Any word on the 64GB version? Is sprint only selling the 32?

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I would hope that whatever #7 is (I guess they can't call it 'Nexus 7' since they already used that one), Google and their partner get the supply problem settled. Surely they have to know by now that folks will be clamoring for it on day one. Maybe they assumed the price tag would deter most early adopters...?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thicha Jairat