Google Nexus 6 Preorder Info & Reviews

Did you cancel your pre-order after reading the reviews?

• Total voters

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Anyone cancel their order after reading reviews?

Nope. Google has a 14 day return policy (as does moto). I'll try the phone for myself. Make my own opinion about it, and if I don't like it, the worst that happens is I have to return it. Not a big deal. I don't really listen to reviews. Everyone's experience is different.
Google's current return policy states "Tip: All purchases from November 10, 2014 - December 25, 2014 may be be returned through January 9, 2015." https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/2411741?hl=en

This has to mean from delivery date, right?

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I can't change my vote, but I decided to cancel my preorder - not based on the speed reviews or anything, I don't think that will be a problem - but due to a few changes between the Moto X line and the Nexus 6.

Active Notifications look a little disappointing on the Nexus 6. I've seen how it works on Lollipop on my Nexus 7 and I'm not a fan.

I've really really come to love the "twist and shoot" camera features, and the little quirky things like Spotlight and the fun startup animations are just things I don't want to give up.

Plus, the Moto X 2014 is less than half the price of the Nexus 6, and gives me a near-phablet-sized screen, about halfway between the X2013 and the N6.

I'll keep following along to see how the N6 fares. I hope the "speed issue" turns out to be overblown or fixed by software. I know on my Moto X 2013, when I turned on encryption there was no noticeable difference in speed at all. But I don't 3D game, so maybe I just don't have a reason to notice it.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site

I can't change my vote, but I decided to cancel my preorder - not based on the speed reviews or anything, I don't think that will be a problem - but due to a few changes between the Moto X line and the Nexus 6.

Active Notifications look a little disappointing on the Nexus 6. I've seen how it works on Lollipop on my Nexus 7 and I'm not a fan.

I've really really come to love the "twist and shoot" camera features, and the little quirky things like Spotlight and the fun startup animations are just things I don't want to give up.

Plus, the Moto X 2014 is less than half the price of the Nexus 6, and gives me a near-phablet-sized screen, about halfway between the X2013 and the N6.

I'll keep following along to see how the N6 fares. I hope the "speed issue" turns out to be overblown or fixed by software. I know on my Moto X 2013, when I turned on encryption there was no noticeable difference in speed at all. But I don't 3D game, so maybe I just don't have a reason to notice it.

I do enjoy the moto x but where are you getting it for less than half the price? Or do you mean on contract? I Forget about those

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I do enjoy the moto x but where are you getting it for less than half the price? Or do you mean on contract? I Forget about those

On contract should be about a quarter of the price no? Wasn't Verizon and AT&T doing $99 on contract?? outright it's still $500.... Nexus 5 is about 1/2 the price...

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I don't fault your reasoning for choosing the Moto X 2nd gen, I was really tempted to go that route, but active notifications is not really on a Nexus 7 like the Nexus 6 or Moto X. I have a Nexus 9 and it just has lockscreen notifications, not actually active notifications or ambient display.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

I would go the 2014 Moto X is the camera still didn't blow. Looking at the pictures people are posting in that forum and it's ridiculous.

DeathWolf00

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site

I just realized Google Play has some trickery in their policy for their 6 months google play perk... Supposed to be 6 months.
"5. If you redeem this offer, then during the 90 day trial period, you will receive free access to unlimited music on Google Play.
6. If you cancel the subscription during the free trial period you will not be billed, but you will not retain access to music subscription content that you access during a free trial period (e.g. your audio history or any playlists you have created) once the trial ends. If you do not cancel during the free trial period you will be billed $ 9.99 a month after the end of the trial period, and each month thereafter until you cancel your subscription."
Thoughts?

DrLouie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site

I just realized Google Play has some trickery in their policy for their 6 months google play perk... Supposed to be 6 months.
"5. If you redeem this offer, then during the 90 day trial period, you will receive free access to unlimited music on Google Play.
6. If you cancel the subscription during the free trial period you will not be billed, but you will not retain access to music subscription content that you access during a free trial period (e.g. your audio history or any playlists you have created) once the trial ends. If you do not cancel during the free trial period you will be billed $ 9.99 a month after the end of the trial period, and each month thereafter until you cancel your subscription."
Thoughts?

Seems pretty straight forward. You can't use our service after you cancel or unless you pay after the trial ends.

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site

I just got one now off Google Play Store. I read on here that they seem to start selling them at 12pm to 1pm est. So at 1230pm est I just sat here for a good 20 minutes toggling between the 64 and the 32 gig version and finally I saw a 32 blue available. I clicked it but I guess I wasn't fast enough because my cart was empty. So about 10 minutes later I got another shot when one became available and I got it!...told me it ships out December 3

Does anyone know if more N6's will be made avail today?

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

And can reviewers stop writing the first paragraph in every N6 review with the same line "It's like the Moto X 2014, but without any of the features of the Moto X." As if this was some great revelation. A Nexus that was pure Android!? What?! How did this happen?!?! Maybe for newbies this may come to a great revelation, but really at this stage of the Nexus series it is just lazy writing.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if any of the negative reviews compared the Nexus 6 to another device when the device encryption was enabled?

Maybe I misread this, but I read that the Nexus 6 came with encryption enabled by default. There was a review recently that showed significant reduction in speed compared to when encryption was off. Most of you probably know this article.

Sent via my mobile device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals39