Google Nexus 6 Preorder Info & Reviews

Did you cancel your pre-order after reading the reviews?

• Total voters

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
re: Google Nexus 6 Preorder Info & Reviews

In that box, it was just the terms & conditions and a sim. If that's the only difference, there's really very little to it - I've been there, done that for a carrier before. It would actually be very simple, as they could simply arranged to fulfill store inventory needs first from their initial supply, and only us any additional incoming inventory that might need that packet added to it to supplement web/phone orders, meaning any additional process (in this case, very little) is only done by one group in one location.

I would venture to guess the carrier warehouse would put those terms and conditions plus the SIM into the box vs Google or Motorola doing it... There doesn't seem to be any carrier logo on the devices or on the boxes like the Droid Turbo.......

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

I would venture to guess the carrier warehouse would put those terms and conditions plus the SIM into the box vs Google or Motorola doing it... There doesn't seem to be any carrier logo on the devices or on the boxes like the Droid Turbo.......

Yep, that's what I meant as my point. Very simple process managed in bulk at one location. And not without precedent.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Actually, if you watch the unboxing video there is clearly T-Mobile information the box.

Yes there is clearly T-Mobile terms and conditions and warranty information in the box.... something that could easily be added by T-Mobile at their warehouse before shipping.. The box was plain solid white with no carrier branding on it....

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Yep, that's what I meant as my point. Very simple process managed in bulk at one location. And not without precedent.

I work in distribution and we add our paper work to MFG packages all the time...... pretty quick, simple and a regular part of what we do every single day...

HighTechToid

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site

Maybe they really just didn't want anyone to take advantage of 6 months of free Google play music lol?

HTC One M8
iPad Air

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site

+10000... I mean, c'mon. Totally cluster F and really served no purpose this preorder crap. Zero gain from it. Wow like 20 people got to get your phone! YEA. But you pissed off millions in doing so AND were WILLING to pay $649+ for your phone rather than letting people subsidize it. LMAO & smfh.
Maybe people WANT to pay un-subsidized price and NOT want to buy from carriers? Ever think of that Google?
If your not going to offer a mass quantity for your consumers to buy from the PS, then DON'T offer it on PS and only thru carriers.

They probably sell to carriers at full retail so they may be indifferent. As far as pissing off "loyal customers", it will have zero impact on how many of us buy it.

Posted via the Android Central App

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Time to take a break from Nexus 6

owned the S,4 & 5. Still have the 5. Was not going to get the 6 until I saw it was not that much bigger than my iPhone 6+. Tried to get it on the 29 but of course it did not happen. I had an OPO that I really liked which I sold to buy the Moto X which I returned, so I just bought another OPO from SWAPPA to give me my big phone android fix.

Will check into the Nexus 6 sometime after the new year.

HighTechToid

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site

Maybe they really just didn't want anyone to take advantage of 6 months of free Google play music lol?

LOL! A few minutes after I posted that the free Google Play Music portion of the site has been removed and a few other tidbits about battery and whatnot were adjusted. Not a good sign for inventory given that the deal originally ended this year.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Lets talk real shipping times

In my Play order history my Nexus 6 order went from "Leaves warehouse in 3-4 weeks" yesterday to "Leaves warehouse in 2-3 weeks" today. Sadly when you click on the detailed view it still says estimated date of 11/21 so the change might just be a function of the fact that we're exactly 3 weeks from 11/21 now.
Mine says the same. At order, it said 3-4 weeks. Now it's 2-3 weeks. Thanks for noticing that.

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

I think I suffered through the nexus 4 launch with you over at macrumors =/

What's funny is I'm seriously considering going back to the iPhone. I am seriously disappointed with this year's crop of Android devices. Every device has some deal-breaking caveat (Nexus 6 is much too large for me.)

The iPhone still has plenty of its own shortcomings, but it's gotten to a point where what it's missing aren't serious deal-breakers anymore.

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

What's funny is I'm seriously considering going back to the iPhone. I am seriously disappointed with this year's crop of Android devices. Every device has some deal-breaking caveat (Nexus 6 is much too large for me.)

The iPhone still has plenty of its own shortcomings, but it's gotten to a point where what it's missing aren't serious deal-breakers anymore.
I have always loved Iphones, but I hate the way it handles notifications. It still seems clunky compared to android. The lock screen and notification menu looks like a complete mess and is the 1 thing I cannot get past.

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

3-4 weeks was probably a place holder. I would think everyone who preordered would be looking at 11/12 delivery date.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

I have a 6+ and it is a very capable device. It works well, I love typing on it and imessage and the camera is pretty simple and good.

Posted via Nexus 5

dvniel

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site

I have a 6+ and it is a very capable device. It works well, I love typing on it and imessage and the camera is pretty simple and good.

Posted via Nexus 5

+1

iPhone 6 Plus feels sweet in the hand thanks to the rounded edges.

win465

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

crosstx

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site

mine also changed from 3-4 weeks to 2-3 weeks but leave warehouse is still 21. I would be really pissed if i dont get it before Nov 12.

win465

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

Good news everyone just got done talking with support and they said they will start shipping 11/3/14. But after when I just wanted to double check with the Google representative It quickly changed to "As far as I know it is that date but I am not guaranteeing anything". Screenshot below
hmm.png

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingkanelbulle