Google Nexus 6P Must have apps

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I am not able to notice any numbers on the top row of swiftkey.

Posted via the Android Central App

You enable it in settings.

Task killers are the work of the devil. Avoid them at all costs and let Android handle memory management.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I just got the nexus 6p, and had no idea what a leaning curve I was in for. Can you help please?

I'm looking for:

- Key board with numbers on top row, and a crisp feel (I liked the note 5 keyboard)

- simple one stop trust worthy app killer/cleaner/security checker

- simple gallery that stores screen shots, skeetch, photos, and downloaded images all by default

1) SwiftKey, just need to customize in setting (most keyboards have same feature)
2) STAY AWAY ... they do MUCH more harm than good. Anything you'll need is built in to Android already
3) Google Photos is the default gallery for all images ... there are probably others you can download though

DamienP

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
1) SwiftKey, just need to customize in setting (most keyboards have same feature)
2) STAY AWAY ... they do MUCH more harm than good. Anything you'll need is built in to Android already
3) Google Photos is the default gallery for all images ... there are probably others you can download though

Ok thank you and noted.
The reason I was asking is I didn't notice where my screen shots were. I take screen shots like every day at work, and need them to show up in Evernote.

Last edited:

DamienP

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the input friends.
I am using ai.type Keyboard right now. It is a lot of work to set up, but it seems ok so far. Any reason to recommend the Swiftkey of this?

I jave also been using Qick Pics for a gallery to. It doesnt have that official feel that I was used to with my skinned samsungs amd LGs.

No task killers, check.

I have ony come across one way (press and hold volume and power ley at same time) to take screen shot so far. I tried 24 times in a row to take a screen shot yesterday. Any other ways anyone knows about, or maybe an app?

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I use QuickPic. Just simple and does the job.

Volume down and power button to screen shot. I know on the Google Adopted cases were tougher. I just barely get the bottom corner of the volume down button and the power to take s screen shot. With the Supcase Unicorn, I don't need to worry about it anymore.

Nexus Six P

DamienP

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I use QuickPic. Just simple and does the job.

Volume down and power button to screen shot. I know on the Google Adopted cases were tougher. I just barely get the bottom corner of the volume down button and the power to take s screen shot. With the Supcase Unicorn, I don't need to worry about it anymore.

Nexus Six P

I felt like the case could be interfering, but havent taken it off yet. I want to get the Verus case like I had ony note5. I really like that one, but hear that the charging Port may not line up. So there arnt apps that help to take screen shots?

Pirate Arr

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Mobile Nations for one
Flud and tTorrent Pro
Guardian
Duolingo
Fleksy
Alarmy
Firefox
Flynx
Facetune
Amazon Kindle
Netflix
Cabinet
B1 Archiver
/Snapchat (meh)

These are mine

Posted via the Android Central App on my Frost Nexus 6P

anon(677651)

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I felt like the case could be interfering, but havent taken it off yet. I want to get the Verus case like I had ony note5. I really like that one, but hear that the charging Port may not line up. So there arnt apps that help to take screen shots?

I have tried all the keyboards on android. SwiftKey is the best hands down

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
SwiftKey is awesome. First app I install! Then nova launcher prime because I have to have my gestures.

Posted via Android Central App

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have ony come across one way (press and hold volume and power ley at same time) to take screen shot so far. I tried 24 times in a row to take a screen shot yesterday. Any other ways anyone knows about, or maybe an app?

You should have the update to On Tap. Hold the home button, and you'll see a share icon on the left side of the On Tap menu. Hit that, and it'll take a screenshot (removing the status and navigation bars as well) and bring up the share dialog automatically.

DamienP

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for all the input folks.

I have SwiftKey right now and it is mu h better than the other one i had or the stock one. I dont understand how but the stock one on the Note5 is super good. I feel spoiled from it, but i am very happy with SwiftKey.
Thanks for the recommendation folks!

Nova Launcher was definitely the way to go to.

Im just trying to get everything settled with this phone. Nova Launcher, and SwiftKey are great!

Thanks a lot!

DamienP

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
While is handy it takes some time to accomplish such a small task.

It really is; Luckily my uses on this phone
(Nexus 6P!) are relatively simple. I use my devises intensively, but i dont use a lot of the more complicated features (yet).

Nova is fun i feel like i am possibly only scratching the surface here. Here is what i got so far:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xs2q05k3zm2bkzs/2015_12_26_20_07_31.mp4?dl=0

As much as im loving SwiftKey i mivht have to go back to the other keyboard, so that i can use the clipboard function. Does SwiftKey have something akin to that, that you know of
?

DamienP

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Ok, experiencing some difficulties trying to appropriately post my response.
It really is; Luckily my uses on this phone*
(Nexus 6P!) are relatively simple. I use my devises intensively, but i dont use a lot of the more complicated features (yet).*

Nova is fun i feel like i am possibly only scratching the surface here. Here is what i got so far:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xs2q05k3zm...07_31.mp4?dl=0

As much as im loving SwiftKey i mivht have to go back to the other keyboard, so that i can use the clipboard function. Does SwiftKey have something akin to that, that you know of?

n0obpr0

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I also screenshot a lot so it's annoying pressing the power+ volume many times a day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamsrdan