Google Nexus 6P People who have ordered from Huawei

RISDB1

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: People who have ordered from Huawei

Just got off the phone the rep told me my order will ship before the week is up. Ordered: 32gb graphite on September 30.

Posted via the Android Central App

jlevs

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

Ordered an aluminum 64 GB on 10/19 and no email yet. Just got off the phone with a Huawei rep who told me I should get it after November 2nd. I asked if that meant the week of the 2nd or any time after the 2nd and he told me by the 2nd or the day after.... I would feel a bit more confident with an email or tracking number.

nrfitchett4

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

How can they give you a tracking number if they haven't filled the order yet?

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

did you get any info on shipment?

No. I just got a double confirmation email thanking me for my order and saying they are preparing my order for shipment. I assume this is the standard email for them. It doesn't give any kind of estimate. On the main website showing the 6P it does say it ships by late November, so that's all I can go by.

If you want it, I say go for it while they are in stock. I'm not sure it will ship with the early batch though, like you were asking, but you never know.

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Any reason to order from Google instead of huawei?

I'm on the Google waitlist, but no idea when that would open to orders. I wanted frost, but it will be in a case so not a big deal I guess.

Posted via Android Central App

nrfitchett4

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

I'm on the Google waitlist, but no idea when that would open to orders. I wanted frost, but it will be in a case so not a big deal I guess.

Some people trust Google CS more than Huawei but at this point you are not getting the play store credit.
When Google finally opens up orders, they will give you a more narrow shipping window than Huawei but looks like Huawei is catching up as most of the aluminium orders are saying shipped now (albeit with no tracking info yet).
I ordered my Ascend Mate 2 from Huawei and order was processed and shipped quickly which is why I trusted them to order the 6p.

KrisYadao

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site

I got my shipping confirmation email this morning. No tracking number yet.

Aluminum 64gb, ordered on the 30th of September.

jmh625

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site

I got my shipping confirmation email this morning. No tracking number yet.

Aluminum 64gb, ordered on the 30th of September.

Same here. Says it shipped today but under the section for tracking number it's blank. Either not processed yet by shipping company, or the Huawei warehouse is just getting them ready to leave tomorrow. Probably just updating people's orders to make them aware that they are coming.

husa3695

May 23, 2011
Visit site

I would think that if anything was wrong with the software/hardware and you called Google they would tell you to call Huawei for a replacement. I brought my Nexus 9 from Best Buy and had a problem with the Marshmallow upgrade so I called Google and the person on the chat told me to contact Best Buy because that's where I had purchased the Nexus 9 from, so I will wait to get the 6P from Google for their support and also Google Protect. Unfortunately I procrastinated I will probably have to wait until December until Google has the 64 GB Graphite in stock.

master500

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site

You can track order status at gethuawei.com/sales/guest/form/. Mine is still processing. Hopefully Huawei get more orders out soon.

pprichar

May 29, 2011
Visit site

Aluminum 32 GB, Ordered October 4th with a shipment email today and the order is marked complete. No tracking number but just as others said a redirect to a huawei page. Not too worried.

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the input. I opted to order mine earlier this evening. I saved the tax, like others, and if I opt to get insurance that will go to helping to pay for it.

BBurg_16827

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the input. I opted to order mine earlier this evening. I saved the tax, like others, and if I opt to get insurance that will go to helping to pay for it.

I don't think you can order the nexus Protect (if that's the insurance you're referring to) if you didn't get it from the Google Store.

I just checked the order from Huawei, the good news is that "Cancel Order" is no longer next to "View Order". Hopefully this means a shipping email will arrive in my Inbox soon. But guys, a lot of people freaking out over "I placed an order X weeks ago and haven't heard back". I think these people should be concerned when the masses have had their phones for a month and you don't.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klystron