Google Now Can't Load Search Results

SigmaInigma

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I just wanted to share my findings on this issue. I am experiencing the same thing as all of you. I thought that the issue was related to 4.4.3 so I went back to 4.4.2 but the issue is still here. One thing I noticed is that voice search is unaffected. Voice search works just fine in Google Now and the Search Bar. For some reason when using the keyboard I get "Can not load search results". Force closing Google Search will fix the problem temporarily but it always comes back.

This is really annoying and I hope there is a fix soon.

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to share my findings on this issue. I am experiencing the same thing as all of you. I thought that the issue was related to 4.4.3 so I went back to 4.4.2 but the issue is still here. One thing I noticed is that voice search is unaffected. Voice search works just fine in Google Now and the Search Bar. For some reason when using the keyboard I get "Can not load search results". Force closing Google Search will fix the problem temporarily but it always comes back.

This is really annoying and I hope there is a fix soon.

No this is related to the Search app. My Nexus 5 is on 4.4.3 and my Nexus 7 is on 4.4.2 and they both encounter this problem.

Sent from my Nexus 5 :-D

SigmaInigma

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah that is what I realized. Like I said I went back to 4.4.2 and still have the same problem. It is odd that voice search still works though.

Also Google Search has not been updated since May 6th and this just started happening to me yesterday. Must be something on the backend at Google, I don't think it the app its self.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I had the same issue yesterday but after I cleared data from search it's been good. Not sure if that's an actual "fix" but it's still working today :)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Same problem, same symptoms. Uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared data, etc...worked once and then recurred. MANY people on the google+ forum reporting this, with many different phones, android versions. How ironic is it that Google Search is broken? This is a major bug, and one has to wonder if it's the result of outside tampering.

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Same here note 3 running kit kat no updats that I know of prior to problem appearing, uninstall only fixes for initial search than back to same as others voice search works, image works etc just typing into dialog box cant load search results occurs.

TheDeezy1

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Same problem, same symptoms. Uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared data, etc...worked once and then recurred. MANY people on the google+ forum reporting this, with many different phones, android versions. How ironic is it that Google Search is broken? This is a major bug, and one has to wonder if it's the result of outside tampering.

I have been through this backwards forwards and sideways. Everything from master resetting, data managememt, debugging, and permissions, etc. I landed on an odd fix. Using an alternate google account for Google now has had me working for some time. I can't seem to find any other consistent cause other than the imminent possibility that you are right. I'm thinking outside tampering that Google isn't releasing updates about. Something related to account compromise...... food for thought....

Posted via Android Central App

Harry Fajina

May 11, 2014
Visit site
People actually use Google Now?

Wow, I thought it was just Google's way of sticking it to us for allowing them to rummage through our personal mail like that's somehow okay.

DeChamps1965

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
I cleared the cache from Google Search, Google Play and Google Now. Then one by one reactivated them. I have discovered that the problem is with Google Now. Simply DEACTIVATE Google Now and Google Search works fine. Google needs to address the Google Now programming problem but until then you can SEARCH!!
Galaxy S4
Galaxy S5
Samsung Tab pro 8.4
Galaxy S3

Cheers Phillip

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Problem appears fixed as of about 15 minutes ago. Search working correctly again on both of my devices :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 :-D

JackImageX

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem on a Nexus 6. I stumbled onto this thread and uninstalling the updates to the Google app, like VAVA Mk2 suggested worked great. Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djboulette