Google photos or phone related

onnad

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I have an unlocked moto g7. I'm not sure it's a google photos or phone related but when I go to delete photos it takes a few tries to actually move them to the trash. When I go to delete it reappears and it's starting to feel annoying. App is up to date.. any ideas?

eta: I have a memory card and it has access. It hasn't always been this way, I'd say for a few months now of this problem

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I remember discussing this issue on the Moto Forum early last year when the Moto Z4 was released and a bunch of us had the same issue. I don't remember exactly how we fixed it but I think it was a Permission problem with the Photos app; no permission to delete, or use the Trash folder, etc.... something like that.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Is the Trash folder within Photos full? I just remembered something about the Trash folder being full....making it appear as if other pictures are being deleted, but they really are not.

Also, did you go into Photos - Settings to the SD Card access and follow the on screen instructions to allow full access? See the screenshot.

It's kind of comical....Google Photos help states... "if you see pictures in Photos that you deleted, they might be on a SD card use your device's default Gallery to delete them....". Photos is the default "Gallery" on many phones running stock Android, but still has known issues when using a SD Card.
14901550445fed2d935bf56ed17f2f38.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

onnad

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I don't believe so. I remember having messages about the trash being full and couldn't delete (something along those lines)

Also, did you go into Photos - Settings to the SD Card access and follow the on screen instructions to allow full access? See the screenshot.

It's kind of comical....Google Photos help states... "if you see pictures in Photos that you deleted, they might be on a SD card use your device's default Gallery to delete them....". Photos is the default "Gallery" on many phones running stock Android, but still has known issues when using a SD Card.
14901550445fed2d935bf56ed17f2f38.jpg

Yes I remember seeing that message and it didn't change anything after going thru it

Yes it funny that they refer you to the gallery and on moto phones google is the gallery...head shake

Last edited by a moderator:

Macdtek

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
Just to say it's a Google photos issue. I've deleted it from my Oppo A72. I couldn't move pictures about or delete them. If you check the reviews on the play store there's dozens of folk complaining about the app. Before I uninstalled, I did cache clear, reboot and factory reset all the usual stuff and nothing worked. So I tried the bundled Oppo photos app, guess what? No issues at all. So don't despaire it's not your phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord