Google Pixel 6/Pro - just over the horizon?

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
How did you guys feel about the announcement today? Overall I think it was a huge success and the price! Oh my the rumors were on point. I'm going into T-Mobile tomorrow to start my pre-order for the cloudy white Pixel 6 Pro. And concerning the camera, Google is able to do what no other Android manufacturer can do in extending their camera prowess to third party apps. That's a huge win in my book. Can't wait to see battery life, performance and of course camera samples in the next week. And I love that Google is making all the YouTubers play by their rules and not be able to give a quick-take day one review on the phone. Way to go Google.

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
How did you guys feel about the announcement today? Overall I think it was a huge success and the price! Oh my the rumors were on point. I'm going into T-Mobile tomorrow to start my pre-order for the cloudy white Pixel 6 Pro. And concerning the camera, Google is able to do what no other Android manufacturer can do in extending their camera prowess to third party apps. That's a huge win in my book. Can't wait to see battery life, performance and of course camera samples in the next week. And I love that Google is making all the YouTubers play by their rules and not be able to give a quick-take day one review on the phone. Way to go Google.

I posted one in the review thread that went farther than most.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested to about what they said regarding 3rd party apps. Will be interesting to see.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I stumbled upon this on the Google Store this morning! Canadian pricing! Looks like if I ever get a Pixel 6 (and not for a long while), it'd be the smaller 6.Screenshot_20211020-075852.jpg

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
The Canadian price isn't surprising given the conversion rate. Google did a really good job on pricing this time especially the regular 6 model.

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Checking the Google store all unlocked versions are sold out, for the Fi version only the 128gb black is left and for the Verizon version almost all are available except the 256gb white.

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
So coming from my beloved galaxy note 9, which for the first time I'll be keeping instead of selling, there's one main feature I'm going to miss and wonder if our pixel has anything like it.

The spen feature of being able to select anything on screen, extract text, I'm guessing isn't something the pixel can do?

I use this feature a lot and definitely will miss it.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
So coming from my beloved galaxy note 9, which for the first time I'll be keeping instead of selling, there's one main feature I'm going to miss and wonder if our pixel has anything like it.

The spen feature of being able to select anything on screen, extract text, I'm guessing isn't something the pixel can do?

I use this feature a lot and definitely will miss it.
Yes when you go into recents you can select text there and images