Google Play Music sync

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
On my N4, I cannot get Play Music to sync. I have it set to sync automatically, but has not synced in 2 days. When I manually sync, it still says last sync was on 05/19/13. Can't get my playlists synced among my devices. Anybody else notice this on any of their devices? Any solutions?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Mace Du

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey I had a problem with syncing too. Any changes made from my HTC One (playlist track changes, or adding music to my library from All Access) would only show up on my phone. My computer and tablet remained unchanged. I emailed google about it and they gave me the standard "We are aware, working on a fix" line. I read somewhere about a fix that worked for me though:

On your phone go to Accounts -> Google -> Your username. Then uncheck and recheck Google Play Music. When I did that it synced for about 3 seconds and was done. Then I checked on my computer and everything was fully synced! Since then I haven't had to do that manual sync anymore either, and any changes I now make on my phone are auto-synced to my computer and tablet.

I know this problem isn't exactly the same as yours, but I hope it helps.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Your problem was exactly like mine. Only problem is, is when I check/uncheck Play Music, it stops and says last sync was a week ago. I've tried uninstalling/installing the update, but to no avail. Hope its fixed soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Just checked it, and everything seems to be working properly. Not sure what happened, but glad it did.

Sent from my badass, Android powered Nexus 4

Warren Clarmont

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue in that I cant get Google Music to sync to my phone but it uploaded no problem on my desktop. When I go to Accounts->Google->Gmail, it does not give me an option to sync Google Music. I can only sync Google Calendar, Chrome, Drive, and all of the other Google services but not Music. I am in Canada and used US IP via a proxy. Any help would be appreciated.

I should mention that I am using a Nexus 4.

Update: somehow it is now working but not sure what I did. I kept hitting the sync button in settings and it seems it has worked. Oh well, no complaints!

Eric Tan2

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
s3, having the same syncing issue. There is no option to select music sycning on s3's (that im aware of) I tried turning syncing completely off for a little while and then back on, with no luck. This is very annoying. Anyone else have a solution?

Eric.

Mike Avila

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
i went to Menu > Application Manager, opened Google Play Music entry, did force stop, cleared data, cleared cache, uninstalled updates, then restarted my phone. that fixed it on my phone. i'm not having problems on desktop. i'm using Samsung Galaxy S3.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomasgabel