Google Play Music to SD card *Root Required*

Justin_27

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Dave try this it worked for me no problem and its super easy
NO ROOT REQUIRED-You can easily add music to any android phone with a windows computer (5 minutes or Less)
*You MUST delete all music on your phone before adding music to the SD card.
*This method is for adding music from Google Music, (If you need iTunes help just ask

1. Connect phone to computer with USB cable and enable it as a Media Device.
View attachment 97392

2. Use Google Music Manager to download your music files to your computer.
View attachment 97397

3. Find the Music File, copy all the songs you want on the SD Card.
View attachment 97400

4. Locate Phone by going to Computer and Clicking on your phone.
View attachment 97394

5.Click on SD Card.
View attachment 97395

6. Right click and hit paste and wait for upload to Finish.

Robert Arsenault

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
What if I have an internal storage, an "emulated" sd card storage (which is where the music is going to), and an actual sd card? I followed your procedure to the letter and a message comes up saying exactly this: "Creating the shortcut failed. Please note that many SD cards and some other file systems do not support symbolic links."
I also tried linking the Library files to the sd card with Link2Sd, but that didn't work either. I'm stuck here man.

Raven-6

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
What if I have an internal storage, an "emulated" sd card storage (which is where the music is going to), and an actual sd card? I followed your procedure to the letter and a message comes up saying exactly this: "Creating the shortcut failed. Please note that many SD cards and some other file systems do not support symbolic links."
I also tried linking the Library files to the sd card with Link2Sd, but that didn't work either. I'm stuck here man.

I am also having this issue using this method. Also the paths are different on my device.

On my device, the paths are:

Google Music App Cache: /data/data/com.google.android.music
Google Music MUSIC FILE Cache: /sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.music/files/music
The external SD card where I want the music to be stored: /sdcard/external_sd

Why is the app storing cache files in two different places?

I tried creating a symlink (create shortcut on root browser) in /sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.music/files but it gives me the same error Robert is seeing.