Google Play Music vs iPod Touch?

Deadly_Poison630

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
So my SD is toast :(. I'm having difficulty choosing whether stream my music from the cloud in Google play music or carry around my iPod.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

parout66

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Here, here; take advantage of the Sprint plan. However, leverage apps like Spotify and Audiogalaxy to stream your music housed on your home PC.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't get fast enough data to stream most of the time around where I live, it's very annoying.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
PandoraOne is worth the 4$ a month :)

+1 I was using and so happy with Pandora I felt the need to give him some money. No ads and more skips is icing on the cake.

I am also enjoying the quick mix on my Google play account too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Ytsejamer1

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I subscribed to Pandora a couple years ago. It's a great product for a very fair price. It keeps getting better and I feel that is well worth my hard-earned money. I am happy to renew each year.

As for Google Music (I can't wait for Sprint/Samsung/Google to figure out the issues that exist for the S3), I have been streaming my music library from Google for awhile...since they started offering the opportunity and I had my EVO OG I have all my stuff uploaded and can play it anywhere. I love that. I have so much music that a lot of times, I don't have a chance to really enjoy all of it. Shuffling the library around during my commute makes for an enjoyable and pleasantly surprising listening experience.

Deadly_Poison630

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I subscribed to Pandora a couple years ago. It's a great product for a very fair price. It keeps getting better and I feel that is well worth my hard-earned money. I am happy to renew each year.

As for Google Music (I can't wait for Sprint/Samsung/Google to figure out the issues that exist for the S3), I have been streaming my music library from Google for awhile...since they started offering the opportunity and I had my EVO OG I have all my stuff uploaded and can play it anywhere. I love that. I have so much music that a lot of times, I don't have a chance to really enjoy all of it. Shuffling the library around during my commute makes for an enjoyable and pleasantly surprising listening experience.

What issue are you talking about?

Ytsejamer1

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
What issue are you talking about?

The issues I refer to are the following:
When listening to an album or instant/random mix, it'll play the first three tracks before the application becomes unresponsive. The menu, back, pause/play, track forward functions - all functions really, become unresponsive. I have to force stop the app before it works again.

On occasion when listening to those first couple tracks, the first track plays normally through my AUX jack (ie, plugged into the car), the second track will for whatever reason, play through the phone speaker. I have to disconnect the cable and plug it back in for it to work normally. Of course the music stops (which is fine...i understand why it would stop on changing of output options), and I have to restart it...AND of course all the volume settings (because Samsung is stupid with how it handles volume settings). It's fairly unsafe in the car fiddling with all this stuff, just for a basic use of such a device in the car environment.

If you look at the Google Music app comments for folks with the Samsung, they're having similar issues. I've opened a ticket with Google on it, providing feedback. I've also removed the new music app and the old stock JB version of Google Music (4.3.something) works normally.

Deadly_Poison630

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
The issues I refer to are the following:
When listening to an album or instant/random mix, it'll play the first three tracks before the application becomes unresponsive. The menu, back, pause/play, track forward functions - all functions really, become unresponsive. I have to force stop the app before it works again.

On occasion when listening to those first couple tracks, the first track plays normally through my AUX jack (ie, plugged into the car), the second track will for whatever reason, play through the phone speaker. I have to disconnect the cable and plug it back in for it to work normally. Of course the music stops (which is fine...i understand why it would stop on changing of output options), and I have to restart it...AND of course all the volume settings (because Samsung is stupid with how it handles volume settings). It's fairly unsafe in the car fiddling with all this stuff, just for a basic use of such a device in the car environment.

If you look at the Google Music app comments for folks with the Samsung, they're having similar issues. I've opened a ticket with Google on it, providing feedback. I've also removed the new music app and the old stock JB version of Google Music (4.3.something) works normally.

Just took the app for a spin. I'm not having any of the issues you've mentioned, at least not now. Other than having to wait a bit for a song to load (the longest I had to wait was almost a full minute), it feels great not having to carry a second device (my 4th gen ipod touch) just to listen to music.

Ytsejamer1

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Just took the app for a spin. I'm not having any of the issues you've mentioned, at least not now. Other than having to wait a bit for a song to load (the longest I had to wait was almost a full minute), it feels great not having to carry a second device (my 4th gen ipod touch) just to listen to music.

Yeah, I'm starting to think that I should do a factory wipe back to a clean JB. My phone came with ICS and I upgraded before doing anything else. I should have done a factory reset at that stage, then moved forward.