Google Play System update

diesel97

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I got a new Google Play System update (72KB) but failed to download it. I tried a phone restart but still did not download.

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I got that too. I finally swiped away the app to close it. After a few minutes I went back in and it must have updated.
15d8657a619509301b38fe28ab937ffd.jpg

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
hello there haven't been on a for awhile so i normally don't manually go to playstore update on my s20 so this is a bug? i was little confused why it saying want to update new version and then when i click it saids up to date

however when i go back to that setting it saying still saying new version want to update when i click it saying same thing so pretty much this is a bug within google and playstore nothing i can do about this until they fixed this issue and it will go away eh?

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
so again every time i go to playstore settings about since yesterday i'm going to see update play store<-and then when i click on it since i did update it saids google play store is up to date get it

my question is will that update play store message will eventually go away in next few days or what?

it's saying version 37.0.18-29 0 pr 553874318 perhaps i should had let playstore update itself instead manually update the thing is i don't know if i need to like clear date play store then it won't say update play store message or if google going to fixed this make go away

just like they did chrome browser that red dot thing saying update chrome browser beta and it took 2 , days or something like 2 days for that to disappear android phones

i just said something google play store forms hopefully somebody will say something doubt it however

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
so again every time i go to playstore settings about since yesterday i'm going to see update play store<-and then when i click on it since i did update it saids google play store is up to date get it

my question is will that update play store message will eventually go away in next few days or what?

it's saying version 37.0.18-29 0 pr 553874318 perhaps i should had let playstore update itself instead manually update the thing is i don't know if i need to like clear date play store then it won't say update play store message or if google going to fixed this make go away

just like they did chrome browser that red dot thing saying update chrome browser beta and it took 2 , days or something like 2 days for that to disappear android phones

i just said something google play store forms hopefully somebody will say something doubt it however
It's probably just a little bug. My Pixel 7 Pro's Play Store app is also on 36.9.16-29. The bug will probably be resolved in the near future. You can always send feedback to Google about it.

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
ok yeah i just chatted with google person claims device i said nothing wrong i just closed chat

i could try to clear data or uninstall and update but again i'm not sure if that message will be there or not i kindof wonder if i never manually update and it update itself if message would still appear under version or not oh well
will never manually update let it update on it's own like everytime i get a security update

i just went in here yesterday google play store update saw this thread and posted in here despite i don't have pixel s20 ha

i found it very odd that folks on 36 and yet i somehow manage to go to 37 yesterday but yet i still see that playstore update message i kindof wonder if it always been like that for awhile since i never click on playstore settings about and 1st time i saw this happen i don't know

Last edited:

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
so my phone just restarted install security update<-aug? verizon website still saying july and i saw google play store was updating stuff however when i click on about play store settings it still saying i have the latest version 37 when i manually update other day but it still saying update google play new version when i go into apps google play store look at version so i assumed latest isversion is 37

so i assumed that when next time google play store has a new version after 37.0.18-29 0 pr 553874318<- i will not manually update when google play store automatically update itself surely that message will disappear when i go click on settings and about eh?

i guess there is a bug if you manually update to from 36 to 37 and that why message is still there again i'm not sure if clear date or uninstall update and install playstore version will help make that message go away

since not only doing it s20 phones but pixel and i guess other phones all of a sudden if try to manually update i don't know

on a side note i just wasted my time on google play store forms yesterday nobody reply and they basically locked thread due to a duplicate? whatever

Last edited:
Reactions: wyelkins

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I'm confused. The OP was about Google Play Services, but most of the posts seem to be about the Play Store app, which is a different thing.

Anyway, I checked my Play Services for updates in Security and privacy, and it updated from June1 to July 1.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I'm confused. The OP was about Google Play Services, but most of the posts seem to be about the Play Store app, which is a different thing.

Anyway, I checked my Play Services for updates in Security and privacy, and it updated from June1 to July 1.
Yeah, I clarified that in post #3. (y)

Reactions: diesel97

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I just want to know if you go to Google play store click on settings and about
Regardless on 36 or 37 underneath version all of a sudden upgrade play store learn more
Is rhat what folks are seeing and assume glitch nothing to do about it
Until next play store update hopefully that will go away?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I just want to know if you go to Google play store click on settings and about
Regardless on 36 or 37 underneath version all of a sudden upgrade play store learn more
Is rhat what folks are seeing and assume glitch nothing to do about it
Until next play store update hopefully that will go away?
What glitch on play store?
This on my s23U Screenshot_20230810_183042_Google%20Play%20Store.jpg

Reactions: diesel97

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
yes you see other day when i did that i click on update play store it said install 36 to 37 and when i close play store and went into settings about again it said correct version 37.0.18-29 0 pr 553874318

but message still same update play store learn more<-when i click update play store it's up to date

so my question is has this always been there and i never notice this until yesterday since i always in past until other day let play store update on its own don't manually update

i assumed if you click on update play store its going to put you into 37 but when you go back look again it will still say update play store like it doing on my s20 plus phone

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
yes you see other day when i did that i click on update play store it said install 36 to 37 and when i close play store and went into settings about again it said correct version 37.0.18-29 0 pr 553874318

but message still same update play store learn more
so my question is has this always been there and i never notice this until yesterday since i always in past until other day let play store update on its own don't manually update

i assumed if you click on update play store its going to put you into 37 but when you go back look again it will still say update play store like it doing on my s20 plus phone
Don't even worry it updates in the background, the more you play with it the more your going see things you don't want lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali