Google Voice Update Issue

o_dat1

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I also installed the updated and used Google Voice without any issues.. may be you should pull the battery and wait for 2- 5 mins, put it back in, let the phon reboot, and then try updating again.

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I just tried again and it failed. I am on Apex 1.4.1. I am wondering if it is something to do with the custom ROM which is causing the issue?

jldeitch

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone tried uninstalling and reinstalling GV?

I'll admit to being hesitant to do so -- don't want to lose the app altogether. May run a nandroid backup, then do the delete/reinstall thing...

Finsol

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
MAKE SURE TO BACK UP BEFORE ATTEMPTING.

For Liberty 1.5 users uninstall it with root explorer in /system and then reboot. You should now be able to install the updated version :).

DO NOT use Titanium Backup to uninstall the app you will get an error and will not be able to install the update along with problems using sms.

I nandroid restored back to stock blur and was able to install the update with no issues so as far as I can tell it's a problem with Liberty 1.5 that can be worked around witht he above recommendation. I cannot speak for other custom roms.

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed annoying issues with the last two updates. Notifications don't go away and the widget keeps loosing pictures. Also just doesn't seem as stable as 4.2.8 to me.

wormeyman

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't want to pay for root explorer is there a free way to do this I tried mounting system read/write in the liberty toolbox but that didn't work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000