Google Wallet

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I thought this thread was about the functionality of Google Wallet. If you want to argue about a specific sim card to support Isis, then I can see that. But the thread has to do with Google Wallet which a NFC sim card has no affect on. And as I have stated in the past, Isis functionality is horrid, and only available in certain areas. Programs like Isis and things like blocking Google Wallet and slow rollouts on updates may be why Verizon never sees a Nexus 4. :(

Sent from my Note II

ihatevz1234

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
It's available everywhere you just need to do your research on how to get it and actually it's easy I use it daily any place that has nfc for payment.

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
No such thing bro. NFC is built into the battery

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

The NFC transmitter is built into the battery of the Galaxy Nexus; however, the secure element, which makes transactions possible is built into the phone itself. For Isis-compatible phones, the secure element comes in the SIM.

If a phone is already NFC-equipped (and has a built-in secure element), you would still need to obtain Verizon's Isis-compatible SIM in order to use Isis. To use Google Wallet on a Verizon Galaxy Nexus you'll have to root the phone to get Google Wallet to work because Verizon blocks Google Wallet.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The NFC transmitter is built into the battery of the Galaxy Nexus; however, the secure element, which makes transactions possible is built into the phone itself. For Isis-compatible phones, the secure element comes in the SIM.

If a phone is already NFC-equipped (and has a built-in secure element), you would still need to obtain Verizon's Isis-compatible SIM in order to use Isis. To use Google Wallet on a Verizon Galaxy Nexus you'll have to root the phone to get Google Wallet to work because Verizon blocks Google Wallet.

Correct the main reason why sprint has Google wallet out the box root or not. No sim needed

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Correct the main reason why sprint has Google wallet out the box root or not. No sim needed

Actually the main reason Sprint has Google Wallet is because they already had deals in place with Google, and Sprint didn't partner with the other carriers to invest in Isis.

Verizon is more draconian than the other partners about blocking Google Wallet, but be aware that both T-Mobile and AT&T are also Isis investors.

Also keep in mind that Sprint does use embedded SIMs for their LTE phones and could easily have jumped on board with the others to embrace Isis.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so being the egomaniac I am. I researched the NFC sim card. It does exist. So first I am apologize for doubting the people that told me otherwise. I just have not run into it yet. I was only aware of the 3 types. So yes, the NFC sim card does exist for the only purpose of Isis Wallet. It has no affect on Google Wallet sadly. I called and mine is on it's way. Anyone can get one you just need to call and request it as stated before. So again, as much as it pains me because I hate being wrong, I apologize and should have researched it more on my end.

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so being the egomaniac I am. I researched the NFC sim card. It does exist. So first I am apologize for doubting the people that told me otherwise. I just have not run into it yet. I was only aware of the 3 types. So yes, the NFC sim card does exist for the only purpose of Isis Wallet. It has no affect on Google Wallet sadly. I called and mine is on it's way. Anyone can get one you just need to call and request it as stated before. So again, as much as it pains me because I hate being wrong, I apologize and should have researched it more on my end.

Everyone has to eat crow now and then. Even egomaniacs. It builds character. :D

ihatevz1234

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
that will never happen no matter how many people sign it do what I did and now my other friend who had to eat his words just get the sim use isis and thats it.