Google weather alert notification coming in wrong language

Karen Norton1

Jun 18, 2018
Visit site
Hello folks,

It seems like I have done a thousand searches but can't seem to find an answer to my problem.

Recently I started getting google weather alert notifications to my phone. Maybe they're weather cards (I'm not sure). My phone is setup in English and so far I haven't had any language issues except with these alerts. They're coming in French however when I click on the alert it takes me to an English page so at least that's OK. Having said that I want to correct the issue with the alerts. It's annoying that's it's not in the correct language!

I've seen a bunch of posts talking about Google Now and changing the settings under "Now" and others say "Search and Now" but I don't have this in my Google app settings.

I was able to find weather notifications in my Google app under "Your Feed" but I only have the ability to turn it on/off. There's no way to configure it for language or anything like that. I'm not even sure if the alerts are coming from this or whether there is a "Now" somewhere that I can't find.

I have also seen others talk about changing settings in the Google Weather app but the default app that came with my phone is already in English. This app is just called "Weather" so I don't even know if it's the Google Weather app.

Why have things like this become so complicated to find and resolve?

Details:
Phone: LG G5
Android version: 7.0
Build: NRD90U
Software Version: H83120e

If any further info is needed let me know. Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Thanks.

Karen

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you get the notification, swipe down the notification panel and long-press that notification, then tap App Info to confirm it's the Google app that's responsible. If it is, then try going to Settings>Apps, select the Google app, tap Storage, then Clear Cache/Clear Data. Then open the Google app again, and wait to see if the weather notifications are still in the wrong language.