News Google's Assistant At a Glance widget is crashing on a bunch of Android phones

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm that mine doesn't work on my S23 ultra. I can't add it to the home screen.

Correction, it now works. It hadn't worked in months. As soon as I typed my initial response, I went to add it and it works now.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I flat-out refuse to believe that Google would release a half-baked, buggy piece of software that doesn't work as intended or often at all!

They also definitely won't go through a cycvle of fixing it, breaking it, fixing it continuing ad infinitum.

I actually just checked my widget (not on my first homescreen) and it do be broken.

Last edited:

LV23

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Same issue with my Pixel 7 Pro when using Nova launcher. Android 14.

Ps: they also changed the way this widget is presented... Now it's more ugly than before. I wish they let me choose between the 2 variants.

Reactions: Joshua Luther1

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Ps: they also changed the way this widget is presented... Now it's more ugly than before. I wish they let me choose between the 2 variants.

Agreed. It's way more ugly now than it was before. I just also added it and I have the weather on the right side and then weather details on the left side. Just give me the date or the time with a shortcut to one of the apps. This is why I only use KWGT.