Got a Mini Bluetooth Keyboard to work with S2

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I just thought I'd let everyone that I managed to get a Mini Bluetooth Keyboard to work straight out of the box.

This mini keyboard also contains a 'track pad'!

So it's Bluetooth, Mini in size, keyboard and mouse, and works!

Oh yes, it's pretty cheap too!

Here is the link:

Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard With TouchPad - Bluetooth

Rob

PS I won't say it's the most comfortable keyboard I used, but its no worse than some of the keyboards that are on slide out phones. What makes this great, is the 'track pad' (mouse) that's part of it.

dandygeek

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Yea I have the mini bluetooth keyboard and it works fine out the box. Pairs quick and easy. The thing that bothers me is that when using it to text, there's no way to send off the text without touching the screen. Maybe someone has some input on that

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Is it because of the HID that it works ? people have used other keyboards and couldn't connect to them. What version of BT does it have ? 2.0 2.1 3.0. thanks

richardodn

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I was playing with a Logitech MediaPro keyboard for PS3 and that one paired right up too. With the trackpad, you can use that to press any button without touching the screen.

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Yea I have the mini bluetooth keyboard and it works fine out the box. Pairs quick and easy. The thing that bothers me is that when using it to text, there's no way to send off the text without touching the screen. Maybe someone has some input on that

Ok, I had the time to test this out.

I was able to send the message using the keyboard.

Remember, the unit I have if it's the same as yours has a 'touchpad', I just moved the mouse over the 'send' button and tapped on the 'touchpad' once.

The message was sent, I never touched the phone's screen.

Rob

I checked for a way to do it if you don't have a touchpad on your keyboard. I just entered my text and then hit the right arrow key and it highlighted the 'send' button and then hit the enter key. Message sent!

JustSomeGuy66

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Here's how to send a sms with a bluetooth keyboard without touching the screen on your android phone. (Might work on other operating systems)
You can change the focus of the keyboard from one field to the next with the [ tab ] key (forward) and the [ shift ] + [ tab ] key (backwards).
I found that by pressing [ tab ] key twice, the focus (blue box) moved from the text entry field to the [ Send ] button. I was then able to press the [ enter ] key to send a message without touching the screen.
After pressing the [ enter ] key to send the message the cursor and focus (blue box) returned to the text entry field.
Yes I know, I'm a legend ;)
Also try pressing and holding the [ command ] key then press [ tab ] then the [ down arrow ] then the [ enter ] key. This should let you switch between active Apps using the left and right arrow keys and [ enter ] to select an App. Have fun!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunn35