Got S7 Edge & Changes I Hate

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I appreciate everyones feedback, but i try not to download just any app from the app store to make my phone do things. I prefer legal apps and not random apps that a teenager develops in his basement and then he has access to god knows what on my phone. I tried everything that everyone suggested and found it helpful to apply those changes that were easy to use on my Note 4, but a bit harder to find in my S7 edge.

I am probably gonna get the Note 6 when it comes out in the fall. I probably won't do the S6 Edge Plus because the curved screen really does nothing for me and i noticed that selections are always accidentally made on the S7 Edge and not on my Note 4 and this is probably due to the curved screen.

I have one last complaint, so hear me out. I am a Samsung Android fan and I just don't understand why Android makes these ridiculous changes when it doesn't benefit anyone. I understand to stay relevant or appear like they are constantly innovating, a software update is made. But no point in doing ridiculous software or OS updates for the sake of just doing it to show consumers changes were made or that they have something new.

For instance, on the S7 Edge, the browser for opening multiple windows is now on the bottom, it was on the top prior to that, and on the bottom before that. What is the point of constantly moving it up and down? So with Android 6.0, it is down, 5.0 is up, and 4.0 is down. Is that logical? Like i said, it appears they make changes just to show consumers that changes were made.

When Android first game out on the HTC G1, there was a new OS update every year from 1.0 to 2.0 to 3.0 and now they have stalled and there are no new OS's every year. Don't fix something that isn't broke.

I can't wait for the Note 6 and i am praying to GOD it has a 6 inch screen. The Note line is in desperate need of a serious make-over meaning a larger screen that is long overdue.

All those opinions are subjective. Some think the screen on the Note series is perfect as is. You're the first person I have seen ask for a bigger screen. There are os updates every year. Sometimes twice a year BTW

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
First up get Nova Launcher, it will give you all the options you want and more.

Secondly, search for apps to replace whatever Samsung stuff annoys you.

Third , choose a theme you like from the Samsung theme store, there's plenty to choose from.

The beauty of Android is we have choice to pick and choose what suits us, which widgets we want, what themes we want etc...

And yes, we can have it all ;)

dreaming of electric sheep

MKairys

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I know. I do not care. The question is do live wallpapers on playstore work normally and dependably as with previous phones.

Yes. I am using one I originally purchased in 2010 when I was previously on Android. Works great.

Also, there is a flashlight in the quick settings so no need for an app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harmatukka